It's Time For A UCC Discussion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Butch, Jul 3, 2002.

1. Quixote

Quixote Well-Known Member

Mine too. She sees me hiding behind a silly screen name and sharing serious discussions with people hiding behind silly screeen names like doodyhead, dogman, and numnuts (my personal fave) and thinks I've lost my mind. Most guys hiding in the spare bedroom working on the web too often and for too long are not looking at credit related information, lol.

But then, every so often she looks at the latest copies of our credit reports, and looks in her wallet and sees the two new credit cards-- one a citi platinum with a $14,500 CL, and she cuts me a little slack. Very little.

2. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

I would VERY much appreciate ANY caselaw from any source where a medical billing of any sort was considered an "open" account. The key phrase in the TILA that descrbes open accounts is "open ENDED" I do not see where a series of medical charges would fit this description in any circumstances.
    On the point of the UCC not applying to credit card accounts, they are considered "book accounts" under State UCC codes, and are also covered that way in the Fed. UCC.