I've only got these last couple

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by AnnMarie, May 7, 2001.

1. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

things left on my credit report that's negative and I would like some opinion on what I should do--how to approach it. I just received the results of my last round of not mine disputes from equifax. This is what is left that is negative on my report.
    Item 1
    Collection Account assigned 11/95 last activity 08/95 Amount--$115.00 Balance: 0.00 reported 03/01
    Shared but otherwise undesignated
    date reported 03/01

Item 2
    Status O9, joint account opened 01/95, last activity 07/96 balance 0.00
    Pervious payment history 1 time 90 days late months reviewed 20
    date reports 05/01
    (they just added the 90 day late on this last dispute round)

Should I just dispute again? Hire Junum or Lexington? Validate these paid accounts? I really don't know where to go from here!

AnnMarie

2. AnnMarie

Hey people! I need help.....

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Weren't you the person that said deleting things that aren't true is immoral or was that another Ann?

If you weren't, I would simply dispute with the CRA's as NOT ACCURATE and go from there..

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Ender,

I believe that that was the Ann who got under Lizard's skin. (so to speak). If I remember correctly, this AnnMarie is not that Ann.

AnnMarie,

Dispute, dispute, dispute. Come up with some creative reason why the tradelines are inaccurate. Flood them with paperwork. Also, maybe lay low until the holidays.

Now that I think about it, summer is usually the time when folks go on vacation. Maybe they will be understaffed about the last few weeks in August? Hey, you never know?

Good Luck

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

AnnMarie,
    Junum was able to do what I couldn't and so (and everyone knows I'm going to say this) hiring Junum might be a reasonable next step. I don't think it can hurt.

But, if you decide to continue, I think Erica is on the right track. Hang in there and keep at 'em!

6. AnnMarie

Thanks for the responses! I appreciate them.
    Erica is correct, I am not that Ann that got into it with LK.....
    I think I will try Junum, the cost is not great and it sure is worth it--at least I hope it is!

AnnMarie

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

AnnMarie..I just know you will be happy with Junum!!! :) Good Luck!

8. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I would consider sending dispute letters yourself if you don't have too many items before you jump on the Junum bandwagon. It doesn't take a great deal of work to do disputes.. just look for the sample letters here or on the yahoo message board. You can dispute as NOT ACCURATE or NOT MINE and then go from there.. if the CRA's can't verify within 30 days, then the items will be removed.. however, this does not guarantee them being reinserted if they are ever verified. Thus, the older the better..