IWAS APPROVED..by SWISS COLONY!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogman, Oct 19, 2001.

1. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Opened my great mail and the SWISS COLONY catalog -also website - tells me my account is now open! FYI - no I did not apply for a Swiss Colony account! It says:

Pay NO MONEY DOWN!
    Make your first payment in Feb, 2002 (This benefit is only for PREFERRED CUSTOMERS...like you!)

Monthly payments can be as low as $15 a month.
    You can charge up to $600 and pay only $30 a month.

Enjoy the convenience of your CHOOSE 'N CHARGE credit plan, and quality gifts from The Swiss Colony.

Your account # xxxx xxxx xx.

I flipped over the cardletter , no terms included other than they had pulled me in advance from a credit agency. I guess the terms come with the catalog.

Well, I wish this one was from Centurion Bank or Citibank - but the trending is definite - I am getting more and more of these things. TU is best - I am not sure what they pull.

You can buy a LOT of cheese baskets for $600.
    But I cannot make this decision right now - but I do have an urge for a swiss cheese sandwich.
    Hmmmm...

later - yodelaydeewhooo arf - dogman

2. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

I better be getting a "Merry Chris-mouse" in my stocking this year then.......

Shawn

3. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

Do they report?

Steph

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

WTG!!! YUMMMM

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Wow, way to go! LOL I got a preapproved Figis today.

6. supershawn

supershawn Well-Known Member

whats figis?

Shawn

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Figi's is kind of like Swiss Colony. They have these torte desserts, candy, sausage, and other food stuff.

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I have been dealing with swiss colony now for about 5 years and they do NOT report..However i send about 60% of people on my list this and pay in febuary.,So it still works out good..My limit is at 2500

9. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

WOW!!!

I think I received a fruitcake from Swiss Colony as a Christmas bonus years ago-1991 (the women received a fruitcake; the men received a bottle of scotch). It's probably in the still in the local landfill completely intact. (What is the half-life of fruitcake?)

Just think, you could use your new Swiss Colony credit line to send fruitcakes to all your friends this holiday season!

10. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Dogman..

I died laughing when I reading through the post.. !!

All I could think was...NO HE DIDN'T JUST POST THIS.........LOL...!!!

Your are sooooo crazy...LOL...!!!!!

11. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Figis Huh?

We could put our accounts together and have an
    eating frenzy - and we don't pay til later LOL!
    dogman

12. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Ridng the trail....

completely - but the fact that you were a hooter girl in college tells me you probably have a great pair of ...... hooters!

Just to amuse you, even though I am single, good-looking, humorous AND live in San Francisco, I still can't make a FIRM commitment to only ride the trail one way!

arooooo! hehehe

arf - dogman

13. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

A Couple of comments....

OK - I have to - "But I don't have a large enough credit line to serve all the fruitcakes in this town...."

Curiouser - very nice "landfill comment!"
    We should dig them up and send to to Bin Laden!
    Screw anthrax - you're talking about a FOOD ITEM that stops people's digestive systems after one slice!

paw paw scratch grin - dogman

14. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Hi MG----

I can be pretty amusing after a pop or two or whatever! I never know whether to hooter and holler, or eat fruitcake.....

thank you, thank you - doggin dogman

15. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

They are free with certain orders - I see it on their website.

Merry Christ-mouse - geez how much more cuteness can one take?

grrrr - arf - dogman

16. marci

marci Well-Known Member

So, did you sue them? :)

17. curiouser

curiouser Well-Known Member

Marci,

I actually did sue the law firm I worked for (not for the fruitcake, should have though--"intentional infliction of gastric distress" isn't that a cause of action?). The judgment paid for grad school. The clue for why I sued is in my previous post in this thread.

18. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Sex discrimination?

19. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Fruitcake is something you LOVE or wouldn't eat if on a dare or even for $50.00

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I like Johnny Carson's theory - that there is really only one fruitcake, and it gets passed around all over the earth.