Jason, Maybe you can help...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

In a recent thread we have seen 2 anomalies from Junum's dispute tactics. Maybe you can help clear up a couple things from your experience with Lexington's past....

1) Junum appears to re-mail disputes to local district Post Offices to make the dispute "appear" as if it was mailed from the address of the disputer. Does Lex do this? and if so, what are the legalities of this practice? If not, please see #2

2) One Junum poster has said that Equifax has rejected his dispute because it "appears" to NOT have come from his address. What are the ramifications of this? Does it accuse credit repair? Does it accuse anything?

I know these are Junum problems, but I am curious since Lex preforms a similar service and you are "close by" I thought you could possibly shed some light on these issues.

Thanks for your help (in advance)!

-Dave

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

I'd like to dance around your question a little because it involves some proprietary techniques used by Lexington (that they wouldn't want in the hands of the credit bureaus.)

In answer to your first question: Lexington does not use the "send a packet of letters to the local Postmaster" technique. I don't know what the legalities of that method might be, but it seems to be causing Junum problems here and there.

With regards to your second question: Lexington doesn't have a noticeable problem with the bureaus identifying dispute letters as having not come from the client's address. There are ways to eliminate that problem (at some expense to Lex) that have proven themselves to work.

My understanding is that Junum acquired its credit repair techniques from a gentleman who's no longer with them. I don't know how much new R&D they've done since then, but I'm sure they'll correct this problem soon.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nave, the Lexington letter that was returned to me was postmarked from Santa Ana, CA. Obviously I don't live there.

I don't know from where the letter was actually mailed, but the image going through my mind when I got the letter back was that they must hire contractors (you know all of those "Got a computer? Work at home part time!" signs you see on the side of the road?) and give them some kind of letter generating, dispute tracking software. Maybe mine lives in Santa Ana?

I still kind of halfway have this impression although I have no way of knowing if it's true. It's a big leap from one returned letter, but I am at heart a pessimist.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanks Jason and Dave. Much appreciated dancing Jason :) -Dave

5. jason

jason Well-Known Member

DaveLV,

Where do you live?

6. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Las Vegas.