Jayson/Lexington

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leamen, Jul 17, 2000.

1. leamen

leamen Guest

Jayson:
    I retained Lexington Law Firm in March of this year. I sent my credit reports in April and last week I sent 2 e mails regarding the status of my case. On July 14th I received a response (1 week later) that my reports were never received, therefore, nothing has been done. My payments are subtracted from my account every month and I dare say that if I never thought to ask, I may have paid for a service that I gained no benefit from.

I have recommended your services to 2 other people. I think that one of them even spoke to a "Jason" on the phone. I am now very upset that I have spent the last 4 months patiently awaiting and nothing has been done. I entered into the contract agreement knowing that with time and patience your firm would show results. I was aware of the slow response to email as I have been visiting this board regularly now for over 6 months.

Please pass this message to your supervisor and if you have any advice (or a number I can call without the $50 charge), I would greatly appreciate it.

I have worked in the customer service area for 10 years and I know that mistakes can be made. I am hoping that this is the case. In the area of credit restoration you can never let your guard down.

God Bless,
    leamen

If you have any advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: Jason/Lexington

Leamen,

I've emailed your post to Sam Spendlove who heads the client relations section of the law firm. He'll email you back tomorrow to follow up with your case.

Sam will need to know your full name in order to contact you, so please respond as soon as you can to his email.

The toll-free line to the law firm is 800-341-8441 (you can get all the firm info from the homepage at http://www.clientcase.com) Feel free to call, if you'd like to make contact before Sam emails you. When you speak to a Case Manager, please tell them that Jason authorized a call-in without charge.

If you don't mind, I'd like your advice and feelings on a couple of issues of firm management (anyone, please feel free to respond as well):

Many times we have serious difficulty with faxed credit reports as most people forget to fax the back side of the report as well as the front. Would you be willing to forgo the ease of faxing your credit reports and mail them if you knew that we were sure to receive mailed reports in complete condition?

If we set up an email responder that automatically informed you of receipt of credit reports, do you look at your email enough for that to be effective?

How would you feel about a program where we ordered your credit reports for you in order to ensure that we received them? Would you consider that an advantage even if we charged you the going rate for credit reports?

How important is it to you to be able to call in to the firm? If we increased the retainer fee a few dollars per month (say $3.00 to $4.00 per month increase) and we allowed occasional call ins, would you think that it was worth it? Or, do you feel that it is simply something we should be doing for the retainer fee that we're already charging?

I'm opening this post to anyone who cares to respond, whether you're a client or not. We're in the process of re-aligning our service levels and we'd like to take our marching orders from you. We'd truly appreciate it if you'd take a few moments and give us some direction.

Warmest Regards,

Jason

3. walko

walko Guest

I inqiured about Lexington's services(after seeing a banner ad), and had specific questions regarding the process.The responses were very general, and they then would again refer me to the sign up page.I got the feeling that they were pressing hard for the sign-up and access to an automatic debit from my bank or credit account.Through a later e-mail response from them they confirmed that they ONLY help people who they can auto-debit.

4. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

I have retained Lexington about 3 weeks ago. So far, I have faxed all three of the reports and nobody got back to me. I called 3 times, and always heard that somebody will get back to me "today, tomorrow" the latest. So far none of this came true.

5. James

James Guest

I retained lexington in December of 1999. Although the results have been slow, I have been impressed. My first set of reports were also not received, and I also waited 3-4 weeks for responce to emails. But I have seen a drastic change on their part over the last several months. My emails are responded to now within 24 hours, and I did call in 2x and was not charged the $50.00 fee. I resent my credit reports, and this time they received 2 of them. I have received back my deletions from one of the companies, and an awaiting the other 2. I would definately use this service if you don't have the time to do it your self, heck it's only costing you $495.00 for a year, and you'll save this alone in lower interest rates and yearly fees.

6. Steve1040

Steve1040 Guest

I use to be a client of Lexington, I faxed my reports (both sides) they debit my account but they always appeared to behind. I stopped using them after 2 months of emails restating the same thing.
    Jason here how another Co is doing it.
    I have since starting using Junum.com. I signed a Power of Attorney they sent me a large stamp envelope and said they had ordered my & my wifes reports when they arrive send them in. They send a new envelope when you send in one so you always have one to use.
    Fee's are 39.00 per month ( married rate)
    When they fix something on your report they charge you 8.00 dollars per item fixed.

Here an example of Customer Service.
    I had not gotten any reports when I signed up.
    I called the 1-800 number told them.
    The CS rep noted the error and gave me 2 free months.

Jason the key here is not the free months but they responded with action not excuses.

Sounds like you're trying

Steve

7. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Through hard experience, we found that billing clients made our process twice as expensive for everyone. Collecting our billings cost about the same as doing the actual work. We now accept credit cards, debit cards and direct drafts from checking accounts. Does anyone have other ways that might work for folks who don't have a checking account or credit card?

8. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Great suggestions.

We are starting a service as we speak that forwards copies of the credit reports, together with an envelopes addressed to our firm, to the client.

I checked out Junum. I'll be interested in finding out how they do for you. Would you please let me know?

Thanks again,

Jason

9. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Alex, would you please email me directly with your full name so that I can follow up on this. You have my email.

Jason

10. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

Jayson,
    This is Kristi At CarreonandAssociates.com- Wanted to give you a little feedback from our standpoint. As you may know, I work very closely with two of the managers at Lexington. We are a global credit and debt community and were expanding quite rapidly. In order not to compromise our visitors, we began consulting with Lexington on forging a partnership unlike the other partnerships Lexington did. Rather then set up an affiliate plan, Both firms agreed upon sourcing the business to Lexington but through the watchful eye of Carreon & Associates. The program has worked out beautifully and to date we are refering between 12-25 clients per day to Lexington with no complaints. The only negative feedback we received was one email stating "How come when I come to you, you send me to Lexington". We addressed the visitors concerns, explained Lexingtons service and that was it. Not one other question or complaint. Lexington has gone out of their way to service our visitors with nothing less then total professionalisim and extraordinary follow up. Consumers come to us for the abundance of Free information on all debt & credit matters and can rest assured that when they come though us, Lexington is etremely professional and respects our wants for our visitors. We understand the pressures of growing pains and feel quite confident that Lexington will work out the bugs. If I may assist you with anything please feelfree to contact me.
    Best Wishes,
    Kristi F.
    CarreonandAssociates.co

Jason wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Through hard experience, we found that billing clients made our process twice as expensive for everyone. Collecting our billings cost about the same as doing the actual work. We now accept credit cards, debit cards and direct drafts from checking accounts. Does anyone have other ways that might work for folks who don't have a checking account or credit card?

11. Steve1040

Steve1040 Guest

RE: Jayson/Lexington for Krist

Kristi

If I remember correctly your fees are higher than Lexington

If your're going to use Lexington way shouldn't the user go directly to them.

Are you lowering your fees?

Steve1040

12. Kristi- Ca

Kristi- Ca Guest

RE: Jayson/Lexington for Krist

Steve:
    Yes our fees were higher then Lexingtons because we did all work by phone with the client-not email. The client was involved every step of the way. Once we started growing very fast, we began to use Lexington rather then do all the work ourself. Now, when visitors go through our site whether they are just there browsing or if a search engine brings them, we now send them to Lexington for the actual work. We restructured and now our core products (our own) are the credit assessment & the credit repair online guide. We do not do the actual credit repair work ourselves anymore and have not for close to 7 months. Once we started getting such a high demand for credit assessments (we evaluate your credit reports & provide credit repair solutions)we quickly put our staffs energy into that as our core product. Doing the actual credit repair was growing too fast in requests and monetarily for us and the consumer, Lexington was cheaper. Now most of our visitors come to us to order our online credit repair and debt negotiations guide and the credit assessment & the abundance of free repair help. While they are they, if they want expert help- we send them to Lexington.
    I hope I covered it for you steve and I hope your student loan wars on forging on!
    Kristi F.
    CarreonandAssociates.com

Steve1040 wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Kristi

If I remember correctly your fees are higher than Lexington

If your're going to use Lexington way shouldn't the user go directly to them.

Are you lowering your fees?

Steve1040

13. leamen

leamen Guest

Jason:
    As promised, Mr. Spendlove e mailed the very next day. I am very impressed with both you and he in the way this matter has been handled. You now have a "raving fan" again.
    I have been very busy this week and have yet to answer his e mail, however, I will do so as soon as I finish this post.

How refreshing to have a company that responds so quickly when a copmlaint has been voiced. I find it rare nowadays to find customer service this responsive even in the local grocery store. Your company is on the right track by listening to their customers and NOT the bottom line first. May not always make the most money short term but will always pay off huge long term.

In response to your questions:

An e mail confirmation on receipt of reports would be a great idea. My biggest complaint was that I was not informed that they had/had not received the reports after 4 months.

I would gladly pay an extra fee of $3 or$4 dollars to speak to a case manager even if it was just 15 minutes 2 times a month. The comfort of knowing that something is happening(even if slowly) is worth it.

Ordering credit reports and charging the going rate is an EXCELLENT idea. I think that was probably the hardest part of the whole process(besides the not knowing).
    Providing envelopes with your address would also be helpful, however, I don't feel you need to provide postage. While it would be nice to forgo the postage expense, it would be costly to your company and I would rather see them include brief telephone correspondance in exchange for postage paid.

Again, I would like to thank you for your attention to my concerns. It is nice to know that I can trust the future of my credit health with a company focused on their customers first and dollars second.

God Bless,
    leamen

14. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Leaman,

Thanks for the fantastic feedback. We're in the middle of a major restructuring and you're ideas will be right in the middle of things.

Jason