JC Penney Credit Limit Increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by exotic, Nov 16, 2002.

1. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

I been a JC Penney Card Holder for years and I have never ask them for a Credit Line Increase, they always give me an increase around every six months but only like $ 300 increase my total limit is somewhere $ 2,500up. I'm a Gold Card Holder. Has anyone ever ask for a Increase??? if so how much did they give you? or did you have to ask for how much you want?

2. Ozzyburger

Ozzyburger Well-Known Member

~~courtesty bump~~

Ozzy.

3. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Store credit cards have very high interest rates compared to visa/mastercard and other credit card offers. Since you have a $2500 JCP credit line I imagine you have decent credit so my best advice would be to focus on getting a major credit card with a low APR instead of a store credit card. Good luck!

Alex

Free Credit Repair Help!
    www.Creditinsiders.com

4. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

I have major credit card, Visa / Master card.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I had like $60,000 limit on my JC PENNEYS card (GLITCH)...(I got them to fix it...I eventually closed it when I got VISA/MC)

BUT my wife has like $600 we rarely use it...never asked for more...

I suppose you can just call and ask for more every 3-4 months +$200???

6. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Hey George your back today LOL, I guess we work full time today? I just woke up and on on the board!
    So just call them every 3-4 months? and ask for raise? what if they ask me how much I want??? or do they give me what they want?

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Not working today...

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I GOTTA GO MAX-OUT MY DELTA CARD TODAY!!!

THEN PAY IT OFF ON WEDNESDAY...(I HOPE ALL THE CHARGES POST)...THEN START ALL OVER NEXT SAT/SUN

:)

9. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Does that Raise your score alot? charging up and paying off the same month?

10. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

?

11. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

I asked for an increase. My CL was only $500 though, so I doubled it. I don't want any more than that, because the % rate is so high. I'd rather just use a visa/mc instead, with 1/2 the interest rate.

12. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

NICE =)

13. flaman

flaman Well-Known Member

Here is what I did -- I called JC Penney credit line. Told them I was thinking of purchasing furniture. Asked that my limit be raised to $4,000 -- was $1,000 -- she granted request without an inq.
    My card was only a year old. Had used only once.

14. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

WOW THAT'S $ 3,000 MORE, IF YOU DON'T MINE ME ASKING, WHAT WHERE YOUR CREDIT SCORES WHEN YOU ASKED FOR THE INCREASE?

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PROBABLY NOT...

16. flaman

flaman Well-Known Member

My guess -- 650 -- 680 EQ.... but remember I asked the rep if she would not pull a report and they did not. Also they had very little info on how I managed my account. Maybe 2 payments made in last year and balance of 0. This worked for my wife and a friend of mine also ... so maybe give it a try and unless you want the inq.... make sure they won't pull a report.
    I think the key is not to be shy and ask! The $4000 was granted almost too easy!

17. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

NICE ! =)

18. tracyb0313

tracyb0313 Well-Known Member

when I got my cl increase, the rep had all my CR info on the computer, from the monthly AR they pull. She told me that's why they don't need to pull a hard, because they check the report every month anyway.

19. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Cool, yea I notice that AR on my report, there is plenty of AR.

20. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

Anyone else? =)