JC Penneys

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jamie, Jan 16, 2001.

1. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Has anyone here had problems with getting JCPenneys bill in a timely manner? I keep track of my new account on-line. I noticed that a statement was generated on 12/19. I called 12/28.(I didn't even know when the due date was) They said it should be coming.
    Yup, it came 1/5, 8 days before due. Sent it right back out. Checked yesterday 1/15 no payment posted, checked bank, cleared on the 12th. Wow, one more day I would have been slapped with a $25 late fee. This wouldn't look good for credit building. Any suggestions?

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

So the check cleared before the due date but as of 1/15 it hadn't posted to your account? How do you figure that you won't get slapped w/ that late fee? I guess you'll find out for sure on your next statement. So your due date is the 13th? I guess you need to make a mental note that your Penny's due date is around the 13th of each month and send them the money 7 days prior to that (even if you don't receive a bill).

I was under the impression that most companies have 5-10 day grace periods before the tack on late fees? Some companies don't even have grace periods (as I'm finding out). I paid my Bloomingdale's at the store 1 day late and they STILL charged me a $25 late fee! I gave them some dog and pony show and as a courtesy they waived the fee that one time. I was lucky....it doesn't matter now cause I pay ALL my credit card bills on-line w/ the exception of First USA. I guess since my account is closed, I can't use their on-line pay features. I can view my account though (BFD!). Or I can pay by check for a fee (BYE!).

3. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Get this one. I got a letter today 1/16, dated 12/28 in regard to my inquiry on that day about "WHERE's my bill?" 19 days to get mail from Albuquerque? I'm in PA. The post mark is 1/11. I'm keeping all this stuff just in case I ever need it. I'll close that account quicker than I opened it, if this is the way billing is going to be.

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow.....I can't believe that! That is ludicrous!

Do you need the Penny's card that bad? I would wait a few more months and see how this plays itself out. If they are going to continue these practices, CUT 'EM! Or move them from first string to third string (i.e. keep but don't use very often).

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

They take VISA, MASTERCARD, AMERICANEXPRESS, and DISCOVER, so you can still shop there if you DUMP THEM...

I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN A 90 DAY 0.00% OFFER LIKE SEARS.

6. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

Believe this...I just dug the envelope out of the trash can. That bill was mailed on 1/4 from Chesapeake, Va. It took one day to get here. Lets see, 12/19-1/4 = 16 days after cycle. 8 days left or late? You are right George. They take all the major cards, I thought it would look good on the report since I only have 2 revolving accts. with balances. I'll just transfer the balance to my 5.9 Discover, and not use it anymore. I sent them a nasty letter today, well see what next month brings.

7. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

A Similar Situation

A situation similar to yours:

I received my latest Aspire statement 6 days before the payment was due. Fortunately, the payment was posted 2 days after I mailed it.

8. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

No problem.

I have received all my JCPenneys statements
    on time and my not problems with mail payments posted on the account.

I have not any complains about this, my address is in Miami.

9. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Mail out your payment without getting the bill. Orchard used to send me my bill about 7 days before it was due. So I started making my own sliips with my account # and amount paid and sent in a check just to be sure. I don't trust them.