JCB Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jonesing, Jul 22, 2001.

1. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

I have been thinking about getting the JCB Card (JCB Bank, Los Angeles http://www.jcbusa.com/) because I may have to travel to Japan and Hong Kong. I was talking to some contacts over there and they seem to think the cards of choice over there are JCB, Diners, Visa, Amex, MC, Discover (only hotels, airlines etc) I thought it odd that they mentioned Diners Club before Amex... They also said the JCB Plaza or JCB Desk offices offer top-notch customer service and help when it comes to travel arrangements, show tickets, shopping or just help with getting from A to B (I know I'll need it!!!)

I don't know how easy/hard they are but I do know they check Experian (only) and they have a secured card ($500 min deposit) and there is no annual fee in almost all cases.

Does anyone have experience with this card?

2. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

How widely accepted is the card?

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's not the same all over the country but it's pretty widely accepted here in Las Vegas for obvious reasons.

4. jonesing

From what I've seen, it's accepted at most large retail operations: CompUSA, Post Office, Sears as well as lots of online merchants because many Visa/MC processors have an automatic tie-in with JCB. Of course, most travel services (hotel/air/train) take it.

5. matty61184

matty61184 Well-Known Member

How hard is it to get the card? In terms of FICO, what would be a minimum to get their classic card?

6. jonesing

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$0 (STANDARD) - $50 (GOLD)

CREDIT LINE $1,000-$12,000 (VERY LOW)

IF YOU HAVE VISA/MC/AMEX/DISCOVER...YOU PROBABLY DON'T NEED IT...
    I CAN'T SEE A BENEFIT IN HAVING IT UNLESS IT IS TO INCREASE YOUR "TOTAL AVAILABLE CREDIT LINE" TO HELP RATIO...