JCB credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Yoshi, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Yoshi

Yoshi Guest

Hello, I've been accepted to spend two terms at the University of Tokyo beginning this fall. I've heard that the JCB card is used in Japan and other Asian countries more than Amex, Visa and MC combined. Is this true? Does anyone know what the credit requirements are? I'm marginal with about 4 30s with Capital One and no lates with Citibank.

Yoshi (my new Japanese nickname)

2. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Yes, JCB is more widely accepted in Japan and most Asian countries than even MC or Visa! You can have them send you an application via mail. Call them at 1-800-366-4522 or 1-800-FON-4JCB. I have one, and they were very willing to help me when I had a bankruptcy on my reports. Their website is www.jcbusa.com

3. rick

rick Well-Known Member

More info:
    JCB EXPANDS U.S. MERCHANT BASE:
    Los Angeles-based JCB International Credit Card Co., the U.S. affiliate of Japan's JCB credit card, added 200,000 merchant locations in 2000, General Manager and Executive Vice President Nobu Matsuzaki tells Credit Card Management

4. Yoshi

Yoshi Guest

Thanks so much! I'm really excited about going :)

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

mooshi mooshi!

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Sorry, that was hello in Japanese - well hello on the phone/Internet anyway. Have a great time Yoshi experience it all. -Dave

7. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Rick, JCB with BK?

Rick, can you tell us more about how JCB helped you with a bankruptcy on your record? How old was the bankruptcy?

8. rick

rick Well-Known Member

Re: Rick, JCB with BK?

Well, actually my BK7 was already 8 yrs old. They took over a month to actually approve me, but I didn't have to speak to anyone or beg. They took their time, and it must have went to quite a few people to get approved. Good decision on thier part. I spend about $500/month on it.