JCPenney increases

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by curious, Sep 28, 2000.

1. curious

curious Well-Known Member

I have had my card close to a year, still have a 300 limit. Was wondering if they give you increases autmatically or do you have to request one. I called and they do have an option to ask for increase, just wondering how easy it is to get one. With Christmas being around the corner I love shopping their big book and would like a little more to use. I have been perfect with them and normally pay off my balances every 2 months.

Thanks

2. Michael

Michael Guest

GO FOR IT!

Request the increase, Monogramme Bank that issues the card is pretty good about granting credit.

If for any reason you do get denied remember rule #1 in credit. ASK TO SPEAK WITH A SUPERVISOR IN THE CREDIT DEPT.

3. Alex - Cre

Alex - Cre Guest

Yes, they're usually good about increases if your account is in good standing, although dont expect a big increase. Let us know what happens though.

Regards,
    Alex
    Creditinsiders.com

--------------------
    Free Credit Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

4. mick

mick Guest

You can get the credit limit increase. I was told by a customer service rep. that you can get the increase every six months but you have to ask for it.

5. FISH

FISH Guest

My limit was changed one time in 18 months and then only 200. so I called and they said if you have not had an increase in over six months they could run an instant review for an increase. Before I said yes I asked if they pull a report or is it an AM or AR which does not affect your score. She checked BEFORE she did it and read that the account scanned your report as an AR and it would not affect your score. They increased mine 500 right then.

6. FISH

FISH Guest

RE: JCPenney increases ALSO

They also said they had the authority to OVERRIDE the increase by 200 so mine actually went up 700

7. mick

mick Guest

RE: JCPenney increases ALSO

Cool thats great I only been having my card for about 3 months I going to wait and see what happens at 6 months. Congratulations on your increase.