JCPenney Success!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Apr 5, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Last month I sent JCPenney's a letter:

This letter is to inform you that you are reporting incorrect information to all three Credit Bureaus.

I received a letter from you, see enclosure, dated August 24, 1999, that states that I closed the account. You are reporting that the account was â??closed by credit grantorâ?.

Please update your records and forward them to the appropriate Credit Bureau.

Also, in reviewing my consumer credit report, I noticed that the account is listed twice with Trans Union. The correct inquiry should be similar to:

Never late, closed in 1/1997, closed at consumers request.

I demand that this also be reported correctly. I assume that you are familiar with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and know that reporting false or inaccurate information is in violation of this act. In accordance with this Act, I would like written documentation of your efforts to resolve this matter mailed to the above address.

I appreciate your prompt response to this matter and look forward to hearing from you.

Well....I got a letter today that says:

"Please accept this letter as written confirmation that a request has been sent to the credit reporting agencies, to update the present status reflected in your credit bureau file regarding your JCPenney credit card account."

So, maybe they do listen to us.

Thanks to everyone on this board that has been helpful.

Erica

2. mimi

mimi Guest

Great letter. Congratulations!

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

don't believe tell you see it

Penney sent me a letter saying it would remove a duplicate account from my reports. It came back verified by Equifax and Experian. Only TransUnion removed.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: don't believe tell you see

don't believe tell you see it
    Author: ShyGuy (209.249.158.103)
    Date: 04-06-01 08:21

Penney sent me a letter saying it would remove a duplicate account from my reports. It came back verified by Equifax and Experian. Only TransUnion removed.

Reply To Message === That's not verifing-i'ts repeating the same lie!

5. sandra

sandra Guest

Re: don't believe tell you see

I think Jcpenney is having a problem with duplicating its accounts.I too have been fighting with TRANS UNION for over 3 months to remove a SECOND/DUPLICATED Jcpenney account. I am on round 3..we'll see what happens!