JCPenney

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Erica, Mar 11, 2001.

1. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

Hey All!!

I just wanted to get your reactions to a letter that I drafted today. By reading the letter, you will know what the situation is.

Any comments or concerns are welcome. I hope to send this out tomorrow.

Thanks, Erica
    JCPenney
    4580 Paradise Blvd. NW
    Albuquerque, NM 87114

Dear Sir or Madam:

This letter is to inform you that you are reporting incorrect information to all three Credit Bureaus.

I received a letter from you, see enclosure, dated August 24, 1999, that states that I closed the account. You are reporting that the account was â??closed by credit grantorâ?.

Please update your records and forward them to the appropriate Credit Bureau.

Also, in reviewing my consumer credit report, I noticed that the account is listed twice with Trans Union. The correct inquiry should be similar to:

Never late, closed in 1/1997, closed at consumers request.

I demand that this also be reported correctly. I assume that you are familiar with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and know that reporting false or inaccurate information is in violation of this act. In accordance with this Act, I would like written documentation of your efforts to resolve this matter mailed to the above address.

I appreciate your prompt response to this matter and look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Erica

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Good letter. I printed it. If you decide to change it give me a chance to print the new version.

Thanks

3. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

Very good letter. I'd say that you're ready to rock. :)

Good luck with this, let us know how it turns out.

Alex
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

4. Erica

Erica Well-Known Member

JIM Re: JCPenney

Jim,

I sent the letter out today, certified return receipt. No changes. I'm glad that you found it helpful.

Erica