Jim - Junum update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Mar 13, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Jim, I got my updated Transunion report back today.(apparently junum did send out disputes asap) I am thrilled at what they have done. I had a repo in 95 that was with a local bank that was bought out by another and thus was on my report 2 times and the second entry was re-aged. I had been fighting to get these off with no luck -Junum got both off. I also had 2 charge offs - both gone. Also, a couple dinky collections are gone. All total - 8 deletions. Except for a couple of public records entries (it doesn't look like they disputed these) my Transunion report is clean. Nothing but positive credit entries and this was by far my worst report and it only took 1 round. Do I see prime credit in my near future?

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey guy!!!! That was quick.

Prime is probably in your near future.

BTW - Junum did not dispute everything of mine on the 1st round either. If they had, it would have looked suspicious.

I waited to receive all 3 updated CRA reports before I returned them to Junum. I also kept copies of everything for myself. I hope this does sound strange but it is kind of enjoyable to take my rotten reports from October and compare them to my current improved reports.

Congrats!!!

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That is excellent LKH, I am very happy for you:)

Many of us seem to be having a good week, let's hope it continues for all:)

Mom

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I am psyched. You're right it is a pleasure to look at those ugly old reports and compare. If they do half the job on equifax and experian that they did on tu I will be looking pretty good. On your first round did they dispute a combo of public records and credit or just credit?

5. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Mom

I'll be looking for that pre approved amex offer pretty soon. Thanks

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Deletions for LKH and AMEX for Mom. A very good week indeed!

This board is great. I can't believe how much I have learned here since I accidently saw the "credit card network" on a student's computer.

LKH - I am at the university right now and I don't have my reports with me. But as I recall the public record of my Chap 7 BK was only disputed on one CRA report. I think it was Trans Union(??) and no it did not come off. If I am mistaken about any part of this answer, I will update you tomorrow. I still feel that I will eventually need help beyond Junum to remove the public record. The BK is my only public record and to be honest with you, I am not sure that Experian ever picked it up.

7. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Does Junum decide what items to dispute first or do you have to tell them which ones to dispute?

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: N'awlins

I don't have an answer to that. Here is what my own experience has been:

In round 1 and 2 of disputes, Junum decided what to dispute. For $20 a month, I don't bother Junum and my items were fairly obvious to dispute. Also, how many items to dispute at one time is an issue as you don't want to make the number of disputes so large that the disputes themselves look frivolous.

On round 3, I have requested them dispute only certain things. I do not know what their reaction will be. Please remember that by round 3, a lot of stuff is gone from my reports.

You didn't ask for my advice but here it is anyway: If you join Junum, let them make the decisions.

Good luck

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

LKH

I am rooting for you all the way:)

Mom

10. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: LKH

Thanks Mom

11. Melissa

Melissa Well-Known Member

Good luck to you too Jim and I am so happy for you LHK:) That is awesome.
    Melissa

12. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Junum: So how long have you guys been with them? Wht is the time period per round? Is it about 45 days?

Also, what does the $8 removal charge count as? Is this per item per report? So if I have a line that says:

Creditor XYZ, CHARGEOFF, 30,60,90 days late XXXX time, etc.

DOes this count as 1 deletion or multiple ones because it's per 30 day late, per 60 day, etc.? Also if this appears on more than 1 report, then does this deletion count x 3 (or however many reports it is on)?

Thanks in advance..

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT ON TOPIC...BUT JIM ARE YOU AT UC IRVINE...I'M FROM WHITTIER.

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Just wondering, I'm homesick...

15. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Ender

I signed up with Junum just about 1 month ago. Actually it must be 1 month because they charged my card again for month 2. I sent them my reports with 1 week of signing up and they sent out disputes the day they received them. Transunion was the first updated report I have received. I expect to receive the others this week some time. I'll post those results as well.