Jim - Target

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, May 31, 2001.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Ok, I pulled my online Experian and Target is showing but w/no limit. :( I'm going to call them and see what I can do but honestly, I'm going to show it myself too.

My statement closes on the 28th. Several days before that I'm going to run my balance up close to the limit *easy to do w/300 limit*.

That way it'll show whether they report the limit or not. We can complain about how unfair it all is, but I really only care about showing my limit so I'll do it myself. I'm just glad I know about all this so I can protect my score.

Just thought I'd update you.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SOMETIME THIS WORKS...make a copy of your statement...highlight the credit limit with bright yellow highlighter...and tell the CREDIT REPORTING AGENCY, that they MUST report
    COMPLETE information, leaving off the credit line means it is NOT complete!!!

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Marie, I used to have the Target card, it always reported my limit to EQ and TU , but never showed up on Experian, only high balance, since it was only 350, I charged it up and paid it off. I would have probably sent my statements like I did with Citi, but since my limit was so low I never bothered with it.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Marie,

Thanks for following up on the Target reporting issue. I just mailed a request for an Experian report thru Experian credentials. Therefore, I will see whether they report only the high limit on EX in about 2 weeks.

5. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Momof3

Thanks for the info :) I think it will be the same for me since the limit wasn't on my Experian.

Regardless, I'm just going to start exercising the limits so I'm sure I'm getting credit for my lines. I want my utilization to be correct.