Jim

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Apr 18, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Any news on your GM card yet?

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Yes. Odd news

I contacted Household yesterday by phone. I asked the rep if HCS had made a decision on my GM card application. The rep was polite and checked.

She responded by asking me if I had received the request for the utility bills. I said yes and that I had forwarded them to HCS (Salinas, CA) 8 days ago.

The rep then said that the application has not been processed and to call back in a week. She volunteered that it is very common for HCS to ask for utility bills. ??????

Keeping a sense of humor, my "credit wagon" is being pulled by two mules, HCS and Equifax. What a team. 19 days on this application and still no answer. LOL

3. nelsonfan

nelsonfan Well-Known Member

strange--me too!!!!

I applied for Bank of America, online for a balance transfer, with a low fixed rate. No answer after 7 days, so I called to find out if I was approved. They said a letter was on it's way asking something about needing a copy of my electric bill. What's this for???Do they check to see if you pay on time, how long you've lived at your present address or what? This is strange. Maybe, there is a good reason.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Lived here over 3 years

I honestly just don't get it about the need for utility bills. Maybe to prove I am whom I say I am?

By the way, I have not been told whether credit will be extended to me or not. At least B of A told you.