JK Harris & Co, any experiences?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by stacey, Sep 25, 2003.

1. stacey

stacey Well-Known Member

I have an appointment with JK Harris & Co tomorrow morning, hoping to work out a tax settlement w/ IRS. I am trying to find info on them, are they truly helpful, or are they sheisters (sp)? Does anyone have any experiences, good or bad? So far, I haven't found anything negative, but maybe I haven't been looking in the right places.. Thanks

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

look at the bbb profile for them...

extreemely negative listing...

3. Flyingifr

Flyingifr Well-Known Member

If you have IRS problems you should be talking with an Enrolled Agent or a CPA, BUT you should inquire what experience they have with Collection matters and Offers in Compromise. Accountants specialize just like doctors, and it is possible to find one who has more hopes than experience in this area and you certainly don't want to be the training ground.

The grounds and procedures with which the IRS will settle a tax debt are complicated and littered with land-mines. COIC Memphis (which handles the settlements for the western half of the country) admits to accepting only about 5% of the settlement offers made.

If you'd like, e-mail me and I'll be able to advise you better if I know a bit more about your situation.

Steven Katz EA

4. 1ShyGuy

1ShyGuy Active Member

I had good results by using a member of the American Society of IRS Problem Solvers. I had tried a regular CPA who was a former IRS agent, but she only made things worse. Then I found a new accountant who was a member of the IRS Problem Solvers organization, and he quickly got my tax problems resolved. (I even got money back from the IRS.)

The organization's web site, which includes a "locate a member" feature, is:

http://www.2tax.com

The CPA I worked with didn't think highly of JK Harris.

5. cguin

cguin Member

Stacey - Tell us what you learned? I have a friend that is using them, and all that's happened so far is that he's had to pay them about $1000-$2000 and no results yet....

So how did the meeting go?