jlynn I need your help again

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by shawbee, Aug 30, 2003.

1. shawbee

shawbee Well-Known Member

I am trying to decide what to do about a chargeoff. I was working with the powers that be but it is getting me nowhere I am afraid. I have one clear credit report, one that has been aged, has chargeoff status, and is open shows no lates, the third has been aged shows 120 days currently late and may be correct age of 120 on1/98. The one aged say 10/2000 as dola because I paid settlement. I would just send a validation to Cap 1 but am afraid it would show up on only clean report. I wonder if I should just wait until near the end and then dispute because 7 years would be up.

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

On the clear credit report, was it never reported there, or disputed away?

Just want to understand, it is paid off?

3. shawbee

It was disputed and deleted but it was before I found the board and I shredded my old copies of my credit report when it updated. I don't know if I would have proof if they try and reinsert.

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Old copy when it updated? Does that maybe mean you have a copy of your dispute letter, and the report saying it was deleted?

5. shawbee

No. I did dispute it and I did get a letter that it was deleted but I have since shredded when I received updates because I did not know about reinsertion and having proof at the time.