jlynn! or anyone! help me.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cashback, Aug 26, 2003.

1. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jlynn! or anyone! help me.

So what if they get a judgement? If they can't find him then what? The question you should be asking is why would he order $5,000 worth of merchandise from a internet "mall" and have the items shipped to his job?

Sounds like he never intended to pay for the items. That's a felony.

2. cashback

cashback Active Member

Re: K, now I know what overshadowing is

OK, I will listen to you jlynn!. I will do as much as I can to face this and at worst case, I can file chapter 7 right?

I am gonna send the validation letter today to this scumbag lawyer. After I buy the time what should I do? I already got my first green card from two validation request I sent last week:). So those two CAs are locked in 30 day period. Should I do something with CRAs at this time. I have all my 3 credit report in front of me right now. What am I supposed to do after receiving green card?

Yeah, I will get a recorder. But is this mean that I have to take every phone call from OCs or CAs? I am thinking just let the answering machine take the phone call and check the phone numbers they left and if I find a number from CAs that I sent cease calling and validation letter already, then record it for future proof. Am I planning right?

I have available funds to pay about one third of what I owe. To do that I may have to break my 401k savings.
    I want to settle with all the creditors by paying 25%-30% at once (Of course with deletion). No more monthly payment. I just hate any monthly paying thing anymore :)

So, what would you plan if you were me, jlynn?

By the way, than you very much for all the help I am getting from you and hope you keep helping me until the end.

Thank you again everyone!!!

3. cashback

cashback Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jlynn! or anyone! help me.

Wow, have them ship merchant to job is a intention to not paying? I had to have them ship to work because I have no one at home. You mean this is a intention of not paying?

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: K, now I know what overshadowing is

You have to make these decisions yourself. I was offering my opinion. And yes, with 20-30K in debt, plus child support BK7 is an option if you can't get creditors to work with you. BK is a very personal and radical decision. You would have to weigh your needs, the needs of your kids, etc. before you did anything. I would also really hesitate to break into a 401K. Your KIDS might need that someday.

They are locked in as far as what they can and can't do with your credit report. If the CA is reporting these on your reports, now is the time to dispute.

Yes you are planning right. You should avoid talking to them at every moment, but sometimes they catch you off guard. That is when a tape recorder comes in handy. You would also need to check your state's laws to see if both parties have to consent to being recorded before it is legal. Anyone know about California?

Its very hard to make a plan for someone else. Like I mentioned above, I do not know your full situation, your kids and their needs, etc. I take one step at a time with mine, and make a decision on each individual creditor. Those that are cooperative, I cooperate, those that want to make deals that aren't acceptable, don't meet my needs or goals, go to the bottom of the pile.

Sometimes, all of us here though, have a stubborn or difficult CA that rears their ugly head, and has to be tackled head on right away. You will understand what I mean as you work through this process.

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

No, that by itself does not show intent. It is someone jumping to conclusions. No one knows when you bought, what you bought, how much you paid, or when and why you stopped paying. Those are very personal issues. If one had to suppose, I could easily suppose you went thru a divorce, got left holding the debts, and have to feed your kids, and had to make hard choices.

6. cashback

cashback Active Member

Re: Re: Re: K, now I know what overshadowing is

What a CA can report at this point? Any examples?

-cashback

7. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

K, now I know what overshadowing is

If they have not put anything on your credit report - they cannot put anything there after they receive your dispute, until they validate.

If there is something already there, they cannot verify its accuracy without marking it "in dispute". This very seldom happens.

If they do either of those its a $1000 violation :)

Thats what is meant by locking them into 30 days. IF they were already reporting, once the CRA receives your dispute, they have 30 days in which to get a response from the CA or they must delete the tradeline.

Are you still studying the INTRO threads? They will help you tremendously, and it takes several times going through them to get a good grasp of everything.

8. cashback

cashback Active Member

Re: K, now I know what overshadowing is

I read a lot of intro stuffs on this board, but I guess I have read them again to get more familiar.

Currently my report only says, "Closed by credit grantor", "60days late, 90days late" stuff. These are reported by OCs but not by CAs.

Weired thing is some says "Closed by credit grantor" but it shows the remaing balance correctly and says "pays as agreed". Looks like the OC didn't put any 30 day late or 90day late stuffs.

9. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: K, now I know what overshadowing is

Be grateful you don't live in Barcelona :)

10. t_sims224

t_sims224 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jlynn! or anyone! help me.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT. That is all i can say

11. cashback

cashback Active Member

Re: Re: Re: K, now I know what overshadowing is

Where did you get those numbers?
    I use Equifax credit watch but does not show my score.

12. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: Re: Re: K, now I know what overshadowing is

You have to go to www.myfico.com and pay for each one. Click here for the code to buy each report for only $9.99.

13. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jlynn! or anyone! help me.

That's a big IF, because they do know where he is. And if they do service by publication, get a judgement, it gets recorded. They can put liens on any property they find. And don't think it is that difficult to find people because it isn't.

Your assumption that it sounds like he never intended to pay is absolutely ludicrous and uncalled for. You don't know this person so to make such a statement is out of line, just like most of your advice.

14. rocket1977

rocket1977 Well-Known Member

Wanna bet?!?!? If you are dodging service, and the creditor can show you are dodging service, normally the court will appoint an attorney to serve on YOUR behalf. In some states, the creditor can just place a legal notice in the newspaper.

And everyone here wants to moan and complain about default judgments. Just do the validation. If he can prove the account is yours and the debt is correct, all you can really do is settle.

15. SoParkDiva

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jlynn! or anyone! help me.

Hmmm, wonder why "they" didn't find me? "They" must not have tried hard enough. Or maybe the thousands of dollars I owed was not enough. Whatever the case, no one came looking for me.

*smooches*

16. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: jlynn! or anyone! help me.

They probably didn't try. If they want you bad enough, they can find you.

*smooches*

17. sassyinaz

sassyinaz Well-Known Member

hmmmmm no smiley either.

Validation is a right, Diva, not a manuever.

Sassy