Joint or Individual

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Aux, Nov 17, 2001.

1. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Hi,

I and my husband plan to apply for the mortgate soon. But the problem is his credit is not so good. My credit is good (TU 814, EXP 740) but I am not working. (no income)

I was thinking to change all my credit card to joint with my husband. Does it help his score?

Which one is good for him Individual or Joint? I know that he will be the only one who get the mortgate.

Thanks
    AUX

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

3. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. I really appraciate your information.

Thanks
    AUX

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

no problem. Reason I am sure you will be able to obtain a no-doc is because I also have good scores but no substancial proof of income ( self-employed)

I you want honest answers goto www.fool.com and find the broker called david dunhoff, he has helped a lot of people and can even give you references of people he helped.

btw I am in no way associated with the guy, good luck

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much. By the way, I got the house already?

We are planning to apply for mortgage next 2 months. My husband's scrore is around 670, we also don't have a lot of money for down payment.

Thanks again
    AUX

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

670 is a good score, really. go talk to david dunhoff, you will be suprised on the knowledge he has.

here is a direct link to the forum, you have to register for free before you can post

http://boards.fool.com/Messages.asp?bid=100144

7. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Thank you so much I really appreciate.

AUX

8. brad

brad Well-Known Member

Aux,no-doc loans require aroud 30 percent down payment.

9. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

oh..I only have about 10% down I guess I can not go that way.

10. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Thats not true. you can get 5 or 10 % down. with your scores.

but your husbands scores are not that bad either, you problably can do a conventional loan also. Go talk to david. You will not regret.

11. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Sure Thank you so much.

12. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if she did add him as a joint account holder that it would help? What about an AU?

My DH and I was thinking of the same thing (the rest of our CC). I was wondering if this would work?

****I have added my DH to two of my CC this month. I am waiting to see if it works.... I was in hopes that someone else has tried this before and got positive results*******

13. MartysGirl

MartysGirl Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a clue ;-)

14. amaineman

amaineman Well-Known Member

To improve your husbands score, add him as an authorized user on any card that has a perfect history.

The history of the card will be added to his credit report. I like this better than joint, one phone call and an authorized user can be removed. Which helps if the card goes South.

Also an authorized user benefits from the good marks but is not liable for the bill.

I would trade scores with him as 670 is not bad.