Judgement Advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BostonJeff, Mar 19, 2001.

  1. BostonJeff

    BostonJeff Well-Known Member

    Hello,I'm writing to get some advice on how to handle a judgment on my credit report. I recently disputed a paid judgment that was reported as unpaid, and disputed with Equifax who returned my inquiry with item can not be verified as paid by the court. The item in question was paid over two years ago. Any ideas, or does anyone have a letter that can be sent to the CRA or the creditor that filed the judgment?

  2. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    Do you have proof that it was paid?
  3. Worried

    Worried Guest

    I had a judegement placed on me about three years ago. It was paid through garnishment of wages. I thought it was really hard to get those off though.
  4. BostonJeff

    BostonJeff Well-Known Member

    Yes, I have proof it was paid to the creditor.
  5. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    Send them a copy of the proof of payment, and a letter telling them to please have the court report it as paid. Was it, by any chance, paid prior to the court date?? I ask because that has happened to me.
  6. BostonJeff

    BostonJeff Well-Known Member

    I actually paid it after the court date. It was a stupid thing to do, and I could have avoided this mess all together
  7. Ender

    Ender Well-Known Member

    showing a judgement as paid is just as bad as the judgement being on your CR. Dispute as NOT MINE and hope they don't verify..

Share This Page