Judgement question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrot, Sep 28, 2000.

1. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I have had terrible luck with roommates! Twice I was stuck with rent due to them bailing on me, and as a result I have four satisfied judgements on my credit report. Two are going to fall off next summer, but the other two will remain on my report until 2005. I've been renting from a private owner for over 2 years, but I am planning to move next summer for school and I am concerned that I will not be able to rent a decent apartment. Do you have any suggestions on how I can remove the two most recent judgements from my credit report? Is it possible that the original creditor can have the judgement set aside?

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Guest

My fiance has the exact problem and we are working on removing his judgment now. Another user here, suggested to me to contact the involved lawyer, and ask him to prepare a stipulation to set aside and dismiss the judgment. Then you can send that ruling to the credit bureaus to try to have it permanently removed. As I said we are working on it now so I don't know for sure if we will be successful but I have hope! I will give you an update as soon as I know the outcome. Good Luck to you.