judgement question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Mar 26, 2001.

  1. the other

    the other Well-Known Member

    My fiance is a Jr. There is a satisifed judgement against his father. However this judgement is showing up on my fiance's equifax report.

    He has disputed this numurous times. They keep saying it was verified. He has contacted the court, and they say there is nothing they can do.

    What can we do to get this erroneous judgement off his credit report?

    GEORGE Well-Known Member

    DEMAND THEY PROVE IT OR REMOVE IT...they must provide written proof that it is his.
    He has contacted the court, and they say there
    is nothing they can do.

    LIE, they can prove it or remove it!
  3. the other

    the other Well-Known Member

    They claim that since they are not reporting it to the CRA with the Jr. part, that they are reporting correctly and cannot do anything. The judgement IS valid, but it's valid again his father not him.
  4. breeze

    breeze Well-Known Member

    Lizard is right. I called today about something I have disputed repeatedly in writing. "One on one" they cannot stall you, they have to be reasonable. This rep *apologized* for the repeated problems I had had and assured me she would delete it (a duplicate). It is really obviously a duplicate when you read the dates and amounts, but prior to this, they had just stonewalled me.

    I registered on their website in order to get my score. Perhaps they consider me a *customer* now??? ROFL. Seriously, I was very surprised that she was so nice and polite.

  5. Chris

    Chris Well-Known Member

    Write a letter, and demand written proof, and verification... If they do not respond, you can take them to small claims court, and seek damages.

Share This Page