judgement removal

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by geekpipe, Mar 7, 2001.

  1. geekpipe

    geekpipe Well-Known Member

    Is there any reasons/ways to have a judgement removed that has been satisfied already? How bad does that look that a judgement has been settled to potential creditors?

  2. sam

    sam Well-Known Member

    A paid off judgement, collection , or charge off , to most creditors is just as bad as an unpaid. I think mortgages are the only exception.

    bad stays bad until 7 years :)
  3. Saar

    Saar Banned

    Judgments can generally be vacated with the other party's consent, by filing a motion to vacate. The plaintiff may agree to it, hence making it a joint motion, or may not show up in court at all, if already satisfied.

    Anyhow, if the judgment is vacated, you have a right to have it removed from your credit report.


Share This Page