Judgement Reported Wrong

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by claymca, Jun 18, 2003.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

It seems like the CA kept a copy of the judgement for his records.
    claymca
    Again how did he get a copy of the judgment from the court when the court said they didn't have any such thing?????????????????

Don't that look fishy to you.?????????????

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """""""""```~~~```'"""""""""
    If it was the CA How did they obtain it from the court when the court told you The courthouse said it was so old that the records had been destroyed.
    PS:
    I'm begining to think the judgment the CA sent is a forgery because of it wasn't the original would be on file at the court house.

2. claymca

claymca Well-Known Member

well the judgement is dated 1996 which is when the judgement was reported as satisified. Is it possible that the CA kept a copy of the orginal judgement. Or are they only supposed to keep those records at the court house. And also what about the copy of the contract that has her signature?

It would seem fishy if the lawyer is not supposed to have a opy of the judgement. Is that the case? If so please explain to me in more detail.

3. lbrown59

1*It would seem fishy if the lawyer is not supposed to have a copy of the judgement. Is that the case?
    2*If so please explain to me in more detail.
    claymca
    ==========
    1*The lawyer should not be trying to collect on a document that does not exist at the court house.
    2*If someone is going to try to collect from me based on an alleged legal document then the original document had D** well better be on file at the court house or there is going to be H*** to pay.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """""""""```~~~```'"""""""""

4. claymca

Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

Well what would be the next step? According to the court house the records are destroyed accept for the court docket. So how can you beats this? It shows up on the credit report as satisfied under the OC but this may not be enough for the lawyer. Point me in the right direction.

5. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

Go back down to the Franklin County Courthouse and tell them someone is trying to collect on a judgment a copy of whigh they obtained there at the courthouse. Tell them that you want a copy of the judgment that they gave to this person.

Let me know what the court house says.

6. claymca

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

The court says that the docket is now the legal binding doucment since the records have been destroyed. And also now there is lein against her?

7. claymca

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

The court says that the docket is now the legal binding doucment since the records have been destroyed. And also now there is lein against her?

8. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

That may not be so far reaching. Your GF wasn't the cited driver? Did they have insurance or no? I know sometimes insurance companies will go after the uninsured driver at fault to attempt to recoup their loss. Maybe Breeze can help with that aspect?

A copy of a judgment and installment contract aren't enough IMHO. The OC is reporting it settled, the court doesn't have records anymore - a docket is just a calendar.

I smell a rat, and think I would start dragging lots of people into this, because I bet the only docs left are those two pieces of paper you mentioned.

9. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

Get a copy of the lien.

10. lbrown59

I smell a rat, and think I would start dragging lots of people into this, because I bet the only docs left are those two pieces of paper you mentioned.
    jlynn
    ==================
    That's what I've been telling claymca.

Something just don't add up.

11. claymca

Called down to the court house and there isn't a lien against her yet. But the lawyer sent in paper work to keep the judgement active for another 5 years. And the courthouse said that their is no time limit on interest being collected. That insterest can be added for a hundred years. And once again the docket is the legal and binding document.

12. claymca

Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

Ok I understand what you guys are saying. But whenever she calls down to the courthouse to get info she is told something completly different. That the docket is a legal and binding document. Now you say start dragging a lot of people in to this who do you drag. You said don't contact the OC. If those two documents are the only ones left then how do they hold so much weight.
    She should she get a lawyer?

13. lbrown59

1*The court says that the docket is now the legal binding doucment since the records have been destroyed.
    2*And also now there is lein against her?
    claymca
    =============
    1*When did they say this ? Was it before or after I suggested you go back down to the court house?
    They told you wrong the judgment is binding not the docket.
    {The court says that the docket is now the legal binding doucment since the records have been destroyed } Then why is it they gave the lawyer a copy of the judgment and and can only offer you a copy of the docket????

THE END ** *** ** LB 5

14. claymca

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

They said this after you suggested i go back down to the courthouse. The lawyer has a copy of the judgment from when it was first placed. I guess they are saying that the docket is legal proof of the judgement.

Here is what I said in an earlier post.

Called down to the court house and there isn't a lien against her yet. But the lawyer sent in paper work to keep the judgement active for another 5 years. And the courthouse said that their is no time limit on interest being collected. That insterest can be added for a hundred years. And once again the docket is the legal and binding document.

15. lbrown59

1*Called down to the court house and there isn't a lien against her yet. But the lawyer sent in paper work to keep the judgment active for another 5 years.
    2*And the courthouse said that their is no time limit on interest being collected. That interest can be added for a hundred years.
    3*And once again the docket is the legal and binding document.
    claymca
    4*But whenever she calls down to the courthouse to get info she is told something completely different
    5*That the docket is a legal and binding document.
    6*You said don't contact the OC
    7*Should she get a lawyer?
    claymca ====================
    1*On a judgment that don't exist-yeah right!
    2*But there is when the judgment was satisfied - That stopped interest and principal both.
    3*No way. Who ever is saying this don't know what they are talking about which don't surprise me if the employees there are anything like the ones at my court house. I have seen the workers at my courthouse make several outstanding blunders in dealing with me.
    4* Typical which just goes to show they don't knowing what the're doing.
    5* Again not correct.
    6*I don't think the oc knows anybody is trying to collect on the judgment so why get them involved which could cause you another problem?
    7*The thought has crossed my mind but I think it would be premature at this time. I think the thing to do at this point is to make every effort to get to the bottom of this first.

THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """""""""```~~~```'""""""""

16. claymca

Ok so what can she do to get to the bottom of this. I mean send another letter to validate the debt and ask for what? they have sent her a copy of the installment contract. And a copy of the default judgement that was placed in 1996. Of should she ask for the certificate of judgement that shows on the docket that was placed in 2001 to renew the judgement. Or is there something else she needs to ask for.

17. lbrown59

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

I guess they are saying that the docket is legal proof of the judgement.
    claymca
    ==============
    They are wrong:The judgment on file is the legal proof.

18. claymca

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Judgement Reported Wrong

Ok. Now what?

19. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

From everything we are reading, you do have a mess. It might be worth $50 at least to consult with an attorney.

BTW - sorry if you mentioned this before. How much $$ are we talking here?

20. lbrown59

1* was reported as settled under the OC. Upon further investigation the judgment was not settled according to the court docket.
    2*It has not showed up on more current credit reports.
    claymca
    =============
    1*How can it be both ways?
    Like I said if the oc is satisfied that's good enough.
    2*Of course not you can't report something that's not on file at the court house.
    I don't care how many copies of a stale outdated judgment the lawyer has it is uncollectible if there is no updated record of it at the court.
    THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    """""""""```~~~```'"""""""""THE END ** *** ** LB 59
    PS:
    If this lawyer can collect on this copy when there is no judgment on file with the court what's to stop him from doing it over and over and over again? If you paid this how would you ever get it released when it's not at the court to release.