Judgements--again!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Carrot, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Carrot

Carrot Guest

Ok I'm sorry to worry the hell out of ya'll again on this subject, but does anyone know how the CRAs verify judgements? Do they acutally contact the courthouse or is there an agency they contract with to look this information up?

I also found out that I have a basis to motion to vacate two of my judgements, so let's hope that this works out!!

TIA

2. zip

zip Well-Known Member

carrot
    im trying to get a judgement removed also, so any info you get will be of great help to me!what kind of basis do you have to vacate these. im hoping to remove mine on a basis that i never recieved any info at all on this judgement.no collection attempts-nothing!! I hope all works out for you!

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I'm not really sure but in my dispute letter, I listed the courthouse as the creditor. For the reason, I put: Not Mine. No judgment should exist on my report. I'm hoping that they try to contact the courthouse to verify the debt. Then I'm banking that the courthouse won't take time out of their busy schedule to verify. I can email you a copy of the letter that I sent if you like????

I'm following the advice of another poster (Arthur) that had I think 10 judgments and disputed them all as not mine and they were removed!

You remember that post Carrot? You are the one who started the thread (Judgments are killin me! 10/18)

4. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I was wondering if someone could help me on vacating a judgement. I have went to the county court twice, and asked about filing a motion to vacate, and no one had a clue what I was talking about. I have been told that it is easy to do, but I can't even get the form I need.

5. John Debto

John Debto Guest

RE: Judgments--again!

You cannot vacate a judgement, but possibly a judgment.

6. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

If you are talking about my spelling, I believe judgement is one of the words that has two correct spellings, but if not, my bad

7. Cadillac408

Judgments/Judgements....whatev

Yes there are 2 spellings for judgment/judgement!

See, that's what frustrates me. People, we are here to discuss CREDIT, not spelling. Give it a f*&%en rest already! It's old now!

:-||

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Yes he can vacate a judgEment.

Saar

9. Cadillac408

Marvin...

If I were you, I would first try to dispute w/ the CRA's. Then see what happens. This is solely if your concerned about your credit. If your also concerned about the debt, then go the 'motion to vacate' route also.

I paid my judgment so I'm not worried about the debt, but they haven't sent an update to the CRA. Plus I don't want the judgment marked as 'satisfied' because that's basically like having a paid collection on your report.

10. John Debto

John Debto Guest

I went through a lot of grief over this spelling about 15 years ago, and it was drilled into my mind not to use the E.

I looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and in Webster's, sure enough, it appears both ways, though without an E is first in Webster's.

It's wrong with an E in Word 2000.

Check this:

http://www.people.virginia.edu/~rwh5a/judgment.htm

11. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I'm going to ask that the judgement be set aside on the basis that I actually paid the debt BEFORE it went to court. I actually found the check (from 1994), and the date on the check is the same day the order was entered. I called the Clerk's office and was informed that the Judge had ordered the plaintiff to inform them as to whether or not the debt had been paid before the court date, but he did not do this. The judgement should not have been entered in the first place. I'm going to the Courthouse on Friday to find out what forms I need to fill out to get this taken care of.

12. Carrot

Carrot Guest

I actually disputed these judgements last year and they were all verified. I re-started this thread because I was hoping someone would be able tell me how the CRAs verify court records. I find it hard to believe that the Courts actually take time to respond to disputes and wondered if they use an outside agency to verify this type of information. If they do, I may have to try a tactic different than the "not mine" approach.

13. Saar

Saar Banned

Attaching that link was essential. Otherwise, I would never have believed that such an appalling display of mental illness exists.

Saar

14. Mo

Mo Guest

Seems like your question got sidetracked with the spelling thing.

Yes, there are 3rd party companies that supply information to the CRA's on court records. IF the CRA uses one of those 3rd parties to verify a record, then you should be able to get the contact info from the CRA (we all know, however, that this is hard to do, even though the FCRA EXPLICITLY says the CRA's must provide you....they usually give you come crap 800 number that is disconnected or is a shipping department).

But there are courts that pro-actively do provide info directly to the CRA's, too on a regular basis. Finally the CRA's do sometimes verify directly with a court.

KnowX is one of the 3rd parties that was at one time part of Equifax (maybe Experian)....so you can see how closely such companies are tied to the CRA's. It might be worth going to KnowX and searching on yourself to see what records they have on you (I think it is $15 for a search). Needless to say, if they report back to you that the record is there, then you can assume that whatever method any CRA uses (3rd party, direct validation, receipt of court records), that such records can be easily "seen".

15. Mo

Mo Guest

(Oooops) KnowX address

Here is the KnowX address

http://www.knowx.com/

16. pat

pat Guest

tell me your name/ state

tell me your name/ state (and e mail) and I'll look up judgements for free on a better database than Knowx

P