Judgements and BK

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MistyEyed, Apr 3, 2001.

1. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

If I filed a BK and included my debt from a company but they got a judgement on the debt like a few days before the actual filing went through what is the law regarding what shows on my report? They are already reporting a charge off/included in BK but they also have a court judgement as well that was filed 5 days before the filing on a BK. Shouldnt this have been included in the BK?

Thanks,
    Misty

2. Bigun

Bigun Guest

You must include ALL creditors in a bk. If your lawyer is not aware of the judgement, MAKE them aware like NOW. It is easy to include the judgement in the filing but, if a filing must be amended, it is better to do it sooner rather than later. Out of curosity, was it a credit card debt being collected through a collection agency that got the judgement? How long did they deal with you before they sued? Good luck!

3. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

Ya we did include all creditors in the BK. The BK was actually almost 7 years ago, it was a chapter 13 so it will fall off soon. The judegment was filed at almost the same time and the creditor was included in my BK. But the judgement from the creditor for some reason was not. So is this correct or should I just ride it out and let it fall off in a few months along with my BK and other accounts marked as BK?

Misty

4. Bigun

Bigun Guest

sorry, I thought the filing was recent and was Chapter 7. If the creditor was included I would imagine there is no cause to do anything. I guess to be on the safe side call the lawyer that handled the bk.