Judgment cleared off CRs but....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Trilivonel, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Trilivonel

Trilivonel Well-Known Member

How do I go about finding out my credit scores? Of course when the CRs were updated, the credit score wasn't on them. I know that my scores go down slightly went items are removed but can I get my new scores without having to pay for them again? I just got my scores last month and they are horrible - so horrible I won't even mention them! I just don't want to have to pay again to get them because I am unemployed and my benefits ran out 3 months ago and I cannot afford to pay again.

2. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Nothing in life is free :( Sorry. Congrats on getting the judgment off - your scores may have not gone down - they may have gone up. FICO is a complicated algorithm LOL.

When people see them going down because a neg is removed, its usually because the account gives your cr some age.

3. Trilivonel

Really? The judgment was just put on in December of 2002 so it wasn't on but about 7 months. Would that make a difference? How much can the score jump? Are there different levels of raising scores depending upon the type of items removed? How much would it cost just to purchase the scores without the CRs since I already got those?

I guess since I am here on this board to improve my credit my scores are as follows: EQ-556, TU-517 and EX-433. Oh, man, it killed me just to type it! LOL

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

If its that new, I would guess they went up. Disclaimer - FICO is a farce LOL, so I could very easily be wrong. Scores are a funny thing. There is no way to tell how much you went up. It will all depend on what other derogs you have, whether its a full moon, etc.

There is a post running around with a promo code at myfico.com where you can purchase your scores. I think allen074 posted it. Search on promo and see what you come up with.

5. BurnIt

BurnIt Well-Known Member

I don't know about the other 2, but TransUnion will send you an updated report, with credit score free when they have deleted something. All ya gotta do is ask for it, explicitly. They did for me =)

P.S. They won't tell you over the phone. I did get a nice csr once that gave me a hint. =)

6. Trilivonel

Mine didn't have it. Should I call and ask for the score to be sent to me or can they give it to me over the phone (long shot!)?

7. BurnIt

BurnIt Well-Known Member

Call and ask TU for a credit score.

Do not ask your score over the phone.

8. bigmon

bigmon Well-Known Member

With me they wouldn't tell me over the phone, but if I give them a previous score they told me if it went up.

9. Trilivonel

So I guess I'll have to pay for the other two scores, huh? Bummer!...

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member