judgment

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kelly, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

My judgment fell off Experian! Yeah!!!

Now, All I have to deal with is Trans Union!

Doing happy dance

Kelly

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

that's great Kelly, how did you do it?? I'm am so happy for you!!

Mom

3. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

They r just tired of me

I didn't really do anything. I've been disputing it. But I think it just fell off cuz it's about 7 years old. It increased my profile with true credit from 44 to 48. I wonder how that converts to Fico.
    I looked at worthknowing for TU report. It's still there. I got it off Equifax about 6 months ago. I think they just got tired of me disputing a near 7 year old judgment.

On another note, It's been almost 30 days since I sent my offers to settle to the collection agencies. Most (all but one) have not responded. Do you think I should send another offer, the same offer again. Or dispute the debts with the bureaus again (it's been almost 60 days since last disputes)

Thanks
    Kelly

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: They r just tired of me

Not sure Kelly, the one response you did get did they agree?? It has only been a week since I sent my nondisclosure settlement and I do believe they called today, that lovely unavailable call came twice, of course I don't answer them so I guess I will be getting another letter from them, but I just disputed it again with Equifax. I am hoping they agree to this one, but I don't think they will. I would wait before sending another offer to hear what they say, if they don't agree maybe try another approach?? not sure what though, I will be trying that myself if this doesn't work.

5. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Mom,

About a month ago I sent out 5 settlement letters for me and my husband (the letter you sent me asking for complete deletion)

One responded immediately. A big fat No! I just sent them the non-disclosure agreement about a week ago.

I'm actually inquiring about what I should do about the other 4 who have not responded.

This is soo odd. Here I am, hounding the collection agencies. And they are the ones ignoring me. :)

Kelly

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well if they didn't respond I would dispute them again, this usually gets a reply from them, atleast it did for me and then after disputing them at the same time I would again send them a settlement offer. Did you send them certified mail r/r???

Mom

7. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Yep, I sent them certified r/r. I'm just anxious to get these settled. Time may be on my side but it's too damn slow. hehehe

Kelly

8. Kristi

Kristi Guest

Mom- Kelly

One of the other ladies who visits here used that letter ( the one you & mom used.) I got an emil from her yesterday that I opened today. Here is what she said, so keep the faith. Sometimes it does work!

From Anon:( I took out her name)

Hello Kristi,
    I wanted to let you know that I used a letter that you posted on the
    Creditnet board a while back and IT WORKED!!! I received a letter from the
    collection agency stating that they will remove the account upon receipt of
    my payment!! I can't believe it!! I have been back and forth with this agency
    for over 7 months!!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. Ps: It was a providian debt sold to a collection agency.

I'll keep her anonymous and let her decide if she wants to reply if she reads this.

Kelly wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Yep, I sent them certified r/r. I'm just anxious to get these settled. Time may be on my side but it's too damn slow. hehehe

Kelly

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks, there is hope!!!

Thanks Kristi, I will keep trying I have only attempted this twice and haven't heard this last time, but I will keep trying. I hope Anon post her experience I would love to hear about her success.

Mom

10. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Yes!! That's what I want to h

That's awesome news! I never hear from those who actually have successfully negotiated deletions. Yeah - You go Anon!

I'm still hopeful

hangin on
    Kelly

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Kristi's letter

I am the person that sent Kristi the email. Yes I used a letter that she posted a while back. I mailed out the letter and within TWO WEEKS they replied back stating that they would delete their account upon receiving my payment. The letter was from the compliance department, so I guess it turned a few heads!!! I am SO SO happy! This collection agency has been NOTHING but a pain in the ***!!! I also used another letter that Carreon and associates has posted on their website and got ANOTHER collection agency to delete their listing. Mind you, these collection accounts were both OVER 3 years old, the SOL in my state (az) had expired. Who knows what their true motive was for deleting...All I know is I got what I needed!!! Hope this post is inspiring..much like many of the ones I read here daily...Good luck!!!

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

May I ask had you tried to settle with them yourself, what I mean is did you ask for deletion and they refused?? Kristi posted that letter for me and it was so WELL written and so far they refused my offer once but i sent it again, hoping two is the charm LOL. Just curious if these guys were stubborn and then read that letter and agreed?? I am just hoping someone else gets my offer and will cooperate, my sol has expired also.

Mom

13. Sandra

Sandra Guest

RE: Thanks

You know mom,
    I think what may have helped is..I called the collection agency ahead of time (did not tell them who I was) and asked who the HEAD of their office was. I addressed it to the HEAD person. I guess the key is contacting the right person also. Actually, yes this collection agency had refused to settle for deletion. They initially wanted to settle for "paid". But they CONTINUALLY ignored my requests for verification. Email me directly if you'd like..it's SUCH A LONG STORY!!