Juniper Bank--My Success Story

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Dec 21, 2000.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

After reading several posts regarding Juniper Bank, and knowing that they pull Equifax (gosh, practically the only creditor to pull that report for those in Indiana), I decided to apply online- the inquiry wouldn't matter because TU is ALWAYS pulled for me.

I was approved in seconds for the Juniper Mastercard, with a limit of $17,500. It's a clear card, similar to my AE (American Eagle, not American Express) card. 0% APR for 5 mo., and around 15.99% after. My QSpace Equifax score was 729...

2. TY

TY Guest

RE: Juniper Bank--My Success S

I would guess you have very high income.

3. average jo

average jo Guest

No not necessarely,i got a discover platinum card with a 15K limit,and i only make 30K.I think that having a proven credit record with managing high debt in the past,and now does the trick for getting very high limits.Oh we can't leave FICO out because it help making qualification of credit cards much easier.

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I also think it depends on the banks, my husband had one citibank card applied for another and was told the reason for denial was that if they extended more credit to his existing credit lines, his ratios would be high with his income, or something like that. So I think it all depends on what system the banks use.

5. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Yes, I agree with all of you. True, I have a good income, but I also have decent limits and low balances on my other cards.

Basically, if your FICO is at a certain level, you're in. Income will determine the limit.

6. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Congratulations on high credit line. Your FICO score can be at the certain number but also must contain NO FLAWS. Example with me one collection on Trans Union still above the number for approval but 90% of the time will be cause for denial.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Yes that is very true. As your total revolving credit lines grow some issuers will grant you a card but will cut your line down some.

8. dave

dave Well-Known Member

Yes, my mom is definitely proof of that. She has an AMEX Blue from earlier this year- 16K limit.

Applied for a Marriott Rewards Platinum from First USA-- 7K limit.

She has perfect credit for over 20 years.

9. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: That stinks, Doug.

I am suprised by the fact that even if a bank requires a 700 for their platinum, and you have a 740, you are still denied because one component of the score is poor.

It's contradictory to their emphasis that the credit score is a number that reflects many different factors, not any one.

That type of denial seems to happen to people in the form of too many inquiries, or too many new accounts.

10. Kevin Yaeg

Kevin Yaeg Guest

RE: Amex Blue?

A friend of mine applied for an Amex Blue and got a credit limit of $19K