Juniper Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by RichGuy, Jan 17, 2001.

1. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

I'd like to thank the people who shared their information about Juniper Bank. At first, having stayed off the board for a while, I had no idea what "Juniper" was. I thought it was some sort of agency like Creditland.

Then, fortunately, someone pointed out that it was a division of Columbus Bank and Trust, the same outfit that issues Aspire. That made it much more accessible to me, since I have experience dealing with them and may know some of their tricks.

It also seemed likely to me that Juniper was a prime card, but with a somewhat nonprime interest rate. That would fit the Aspire strategy of squeezing a few extra points of interest out of every situation. I don't mind, though, since I might qualify if they pull the right report. The 5 or 6 extra points of interest are the price I'd be willing to pay for them not to pull all 3 reports like Capital One does for its prime card. If Juniper pulls Equifax, I could actually get the card.

Then, best of all, I noticed that Juniper actually advertises on this board. That's a major plus for me. If we think about it, we have to conclude that this board couldn't continue to exist without advertisements for credit cards. If we can support the board by applying for offers that benefit us as well,
    then we can continue to have our fun, help each other, enjoy the unusual degree of freedom on this board, and so forth.

Some of the other cards, for example First Premier, have a limited appeal, although the advice on this board attracts many people who may need such a card for a few years. What we really need on this board are NORMAL cards, cards we are likely to obtain without paying outrageous fees and subprime interest rates. I really like seeing a new card available here, and one that I could hold for years without feeling ashamed.

So thanks again, and I'll let you know if anything happens between me and Juniper Bank.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

As far as reports, everyone has had their Equifax pulled from Juniper:) SO I guess you are in good shape

Mom

3. Angela

Angela Guest

If you are applying by telephone let us know what is said and what the interval is for approval. I thought the 13.9% and 15.9% cards were very competitive.

4. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

I did the 13.9% online app and was approved, I'm sure they just pulled Equifax. Go to their website for the 13.9%.

5. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

That was something else I noticed. Some people mentioned the 13.9% rate, but all I could find online was the 15.9% offer. I'm definitely going to try that particular offer. I'm not particularly persuasive on the phone, if that matters, and I prefer things in writing.

I agree that both 13.9% and 15.9% are very competitive rates. By my own standards, with which anyone is free to disagree, 13.9% is prime but 15.9% is not. Still, at this point I'd settle for anything better than my subprime cards. I really want to lower my average cost of credit by reducing or transferring my Capital One, Providian, and Aspire balances. Then I can keep balances
    on my prime cards and "normal" cards instead.

6. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

How is your credit profile? Any Negatives? Excessive Inquiries??

Thanks

rocky wrote:
    -------------------------------
    I did the 13.9% online app and was approved, I'm sure they just pulled Equifax. Go to their website for the 13.9%.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Go to www.juniper.com for the 13.99%. Balance transfers is 2.9%. Advertisement on this board is 15.99% and transfers are 0%.

8. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

On my Equifax report,no negatives or excessives inquiries,I had 3 good trade lines, but afew bad ones on Experin and TRU.

9. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Go to www.juniper.com for the 13.9 offer.

10. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I tried to find juniper.com before, but maybe I gave up too soon.

With my improving credit, my strategy would probably be to go for the lowest balance transfer offer, and then hope that a better permanent rate came along soon.

11. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Thank You

Thank you, Mom. I appreciate the fact that both you and Roni often make helpful posts.

12. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Juniper 13.9%

Just go to the credit card section of the "credit card network" here and click on Juniper. If you still can't find the 13.9% deal, call them. They can either offer it to you over the phone or explain why it is no longer offered.