Juniper Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

How is Juniper Bank and there credit card service.

How hard is it to get a credit card from them? I looking for an on-line bank does anyone have any experience with them

I have excellent everything.

2. Thomas

Thomas Guest

I have their card and so far the customer service is very good. The minimum credit score for their card is 680 and the limits are high.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Must have excellent credit, BUT not too much of it...I was declined for "TOO MUCH CREDIT".

4. Anon

Anon Guest

Their interest rate is high! Why not apply for Next Card, Bank of America, or Security
    First National Bank. They offer 9.9% and on-line approvals. Juniper Bank also has a subprime card which has a bad rep according to some of the posts on this board.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I only wanted it because of the 0% for 5 months...I already have NEXT CARD and BANK OF AMERICA...

6. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

That particular card, known as Aspire Visa, "has a bad rep" largely because of the high interest rate. By applying through the Juniper Bank division, one can avoid that particular problem.

People have reported a few service problems with Aspire. To what extent those problems extend to Juniper, I don't know.

7. ble103

ble103 Guest

From what i understand from juniper is that they offer balance transfer on a regular basis just as long you maintain an execellent credit rating,the only catch is after you take their first offer upon opening up their account they will charge a 3% balance transfer fee with a 5.00 min,and a 35.oo cap.What makes it worth paying will depend on the A.P.R.,and your credit limit.You just got to compare your apple,and oranges on their B.T. offers.

8. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

When I applied via their offer on this site, I noticed that they mentioned "no balance transfer fees."

9. ble103

ble103 Guest

They waive it 1 time,then any B.T. offers that you would recieve from them down the road,that's when the B.T. fees will kick in unless their offer states that there will not be any fees.I like DISCOVER because they don't charge any B.T fees at all no matter when you use one of their B.T. offers.

10. Tony

Tony Guest

That is not true about waiving balance transfer one time. I did 5 more balance transfer a month after my initial transfer and there is no fee. It was not a promotional offering. There is no fee for future balance transfers.

11. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Why pay them a fee to provide you a product so they can charge insterest on it ?
    Fees are a rip off: