Juniper credit card applicatio

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Sailor, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Sailor

Sailor Guest

I am new to the board. I read a lot of back issue stuff. Great site.

On Monday, I called Juniper and did a telephone application for a credit card. Today, Friday, I called to see what happened. They told me that my credit file is "pending" and that if I would like to call back in 5 to 7 days.

I make $72,000 ayear. Been on the job 10 years. Rented the same residence for 3 years. I have 7 open accounts all being paid on time. But I had a B.K. 3 years ago.

Is "pending" another way of saying credit denied? Anybody have any ideas. I know GEORGE had trouble with Juniper. Because of GEORGE's comments, I applied for the 5 month 2.9% teaser instead of the 0.0% teaser.

By the way, the customer service at Juniper is great. Thanks everyone.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Juniper credit card applic

With a BK you expect to get this card. I hope you do but...

roni

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Juniper credit card applic

Not sure Salior your credit seems fine other than the BK. I know posters have stated FICO needed to be above 680 I believe, atleast that's what a rep said. Do you know your score by any chance ? and they do pull Equifax in case you weren't aware.

mom

4. Sailor

Sailor Guest

Thanks. No idea about the scor

but it must be in the 600's. I have not been denied credit since the BK but I always had an angle of some type to use to get the credit. If I get denied, no problem. I am going to ask their friendly "relationship manger" if there is a classic card I can have with a modest limit.

I have to admit that I may have over played my hand here.

5. anon

anon Guest

RE: Thanks. No idea about the

I had a B/K in 1991. No record on Equifax and Experian - just ordered T/U. Denied Juniper because of B/K. FICO 740