juniper credit card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angela, Jan 9, 2001.

1. Angela

Angela Guest

Does anyone know if credit is you can appeal a Juniper credit card denial? In other words will they talk to you after the denial or is it just the computer makes the decision and that's it.

2. Tyson

Tyson Guest

Give them a call and ask as to why your app was declined. They are friendly as far as financial firms go.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH...they denied me with $70,000+ income.

SAID A LAME ANSWER...TOO MUCH CREDIT AVAILABLE...

4. lee

lee Guest

Hey George

What is your total availible credit?Why do i ask this question?I am trying to compare my availible credit with yours.I make 35K,and you make 70K.My availible credit was 33,500.00,and i applied for a citibank account,and got approved for 9K.Now i got a total of 42,500 worth of credit lines.I am wondering why juniper declined you over too much availible credit with your income.If you don't want to disclose the amount of availible credit that's okay.I was trying to compare apple,and oranges to juniper's credit creteria on their approval process.

lee

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Not George, but I was approved for Juniper with over 100k of credit at the time and income slighlty larger than yours. What I have noticed is by doing large balance transfers sometimes revolving balances is too high because of both numbers could show up on the report at the same time looking like you owe more than you really do.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

$112,500 (available) at last count...

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Part of it is used...

8. lee

lee Guest

Hi George

I did run the numbers on your availible credit,and compared it to your income of 70K.Most CCC's allocate 15% of total income towards non-mortgage debts including credit cards.When i calcalate 15% of 70K,this is the resulting sum $10,500.00.Now take this amount and devide it by 12,this is the result $875.00.Now take your total credit limits,and calcalate 2% min-due which is how most min-dues add up to with most CCC's,in your case you have$ 112,500 total with some used.Take this $112,500.00 total of availible credit,and multiply it by 15% this is the result $16,875.00.Now take this sum,and devide it by 12 this is the result $1406.25.Now when you take this amount of $1406.25,and subtract your $875.00 which is based on your income,this is the result $531.25.This amount shows that you are overexetended on credit card limits which equals $26,500.00 too much on your availible credit.This expains why juniper declined your appication for credit.I hope this really helps you understand how creditors make their credit decisions.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Thank you...

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I just think that 22+ years of perfect payment history should mean something!!!

Maybe it is time to REFINANCE my mortgage with "CASH OUT" and dump all my credit cards except my DISCOVERCARD and AMEX BLUE????