JUNIPER DENIED

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by GEORGE, Dec 28, 2000.

1. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Finally got an answer about JUNIPER...DENIED
    "balances too high on revolving accounts"

Didn't say income too low...$70,000+.
    Didn't say I had too many accounts.

WHAT IS WITH BALANCES TOO HIGH???

NEVER LATE.
    NO COLLECTIONS.
    NO OVER LIMIT.
    NO BK.
    OLDEST CREDIT 1978.

2. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

35% of your Score is Total Owed on all accounts.

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

SO...DISCOVERCARD is at it limit almost every month but is paid in full EVERY MONTH!!!

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I took juniper off my bookmarks...WON'T BE PUSHING THEM ANY MORE TO ANYBODY!!!

5. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

About other Cards.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Nothing else is close to limit at this time.

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Even if you pay your cards off every month, the lag created by credit bureau's will show that the balance is maxxed out. remember due to tape transfers, credit bureaus are 30-90 days lagged from real life :)

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I wanted the 0.00% for 5 months...but they lost the business!!!

I could have sent copies of the November credit card bills, BUT WHY BOTHER???

9. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Calm down George, it's all right =0)
    Who needs them anyway, right?

10. Saar

Saar Banned

While I know nothing about Juniper, I really don't see the problem with their reason for declining your application. High credit utilization is a score killer, this is common knowledge. Maxing out your Discover card kills your score, and paying it off monthly doesn't change that. If, at times, you owe credit card companies more than 15% of your availale credit, and that figure is recorded at the bureaus, then FICO score will reflect a high-risk credit applicant.

You wrote:
    "NEVER LATE. NO COLLECTIONS. NO OVER LIMIT. NO BK. OLDEST CREDIT 1978."

None of this has anything to do with the ratio of your revolving debt, now does it? If you regularly have to max out a card, it means you have insufficient available credit.

Saar

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THAT IS STRIKE 3...
    1)Citibank
    2)Capitol one
    3)Juniper

:(

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Lesson to be learned from this when you are applying for a new credit card. Utilized your other credit limits and stay far from maxing out 1 card. Spread it around.

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

But no cash back on other cards...

14. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

No cash back, but as you stated above STRIKE 3. A super low balance transfer option on a new card will get that money back for you.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

At one time I had every card MAXED OUT and still got new cards...BEFORE THIS F.I.C.O. GROUP CAME ON THE SCENE, GUESS THEY ARE LIKE THE I.R.S. (THEY ANSWER TO NOBODY AND DON'T HAVE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THEIR BUSINESS)!!!!!!!!

16. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

George/Time for Amex Charge Ca

George - I always read your messages and enjoy them. Why not go the one extra final step, call Juniper - and explain exactly the Discover Card payoff situation.

On the other hand, they may be denying 99%
    of anybody trying for the 0.00% offer.
    They apparently give high limits when they approve. That money may be at different terms.

AGAIN, buddy, why no AMEX Charge?
    Your credit report would show Charge R1 and the highest amt you ever charged.
    FICO would interprete the AMEX Charge Card differently. I know you have Blue.
    Dial em up and tell them the story.
    You'll have it (probably Gold or Platinum Card) in 5 biz days.

CYA - Dogman

17. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: George/Time for Amex Charg

HAVE AMEX BLUE...Jason--AMEX REP said I needed to dump DISCOVERCARD and go to AMEX CASH BACK CARD, but since I have AMEX BLUE, I thought they would say NO without thinking???

18. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

RE: George/Time for Amex Charg

George - Jason is still on vacation but will eventually respond. I think that they will issue you another card with no problem.

I have a friend who has 4 AMEX Cards, Blue, Plat Optima, AMEX Personal, something else.

19. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh well.....

roni