Juniper fraud Department

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by 2244y, May 16, 2001.

1. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

I tried to use my Juniper credit card early this month and was declined by merchants.Called Juniper ,they told me they will take care of it and they did.Yesterday I found there is a hard inquiry pulled by Juniper on my Equifax report.Juniper fraud Dept. pulled my credit report because of "unusual credit card activities on third party(my Fleet account)".I did charge about $3,000 on my fleet credit card at end of Apr,but that balance hasn't been on my Equifax yet.It seems Juniper watchs all your accounts very carefully if you have a account with them.

2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Now, not to rant and rave...but...

They have ABSOLUTELY no business monitoring your other accounts. And, to slam you with a hard inquiry to boot?!

This is ridiculous. Did you authorize their inquiry? This appears to be a classic case of no "permissable purpose".

Am I wrong here folks?? Please, someone tell me I'm not nuts.

3. 2244y

2244y Well-Known Member

No,I didn't authorize the inquiry.The guy in Juniper fraud Dept. told me they have right to pull a report to make sure thing is right and it seems he didn't know the difference between soft and hard inquiry.

4. river

river Well-Known Member

Actually,It states in the "credit card account agreement",which you recieve when you open account.You give them the permission to,as it states:You agree to provide them with,and authorize them to obtain and verify,updated credit info,including credit reports and... in the form and content we deem necesssary,for any legitimate purposes associated with your Account." They do have the right and your permission, at that!!!!

5. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I agree they have the right to pull your credit, but you'd think since you already have an account with them it would be a soft inquiry.

6. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Ok, so they can just shut your account down if you decide to go on a cruise using another cc?

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

They can shut your account down because its Wednesday. Their extension of credit to you is at their will. What they cannot do is change the terms of your account without your consent or charge you any fees that they do not disclose.

Even then if they want to change something and you don't agree all that happens is they close the account and you pay at the old terms until you're done.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WOULD DISPUTE THE "HARD" INQUIRY...Try to get the credit reporting agency to change it to "SOFT" or remove it totally...

Tell them you did not ask for a credit line increase...and you did not apply for a second card!!!
    "HARD" is unwarented...