Junum 1st round TU results..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marypc, Jun 16, 2001.

1. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Yesterday I got the results for my first round of disputes from Trans Union. They are as follows:

GMAC Paid Charge off: "New info listed below" (i.e., verified)

Paid tax lien: "New info listed below"
    (verified)

Providian: Deleted

Providian was a positive trade line that never should have been disputed. (Not to beat a dead horse but for everyone who keeps posting that this is impossible, here's the proof.) I called Trans Union to say that "I" had made a mistake, and they told me this was a hard delete, so I should contact Providian and have them re-enter it.

Totally ignored was an unpaid charge off (never disputed) so, it looks like this round was a bust. Im not sure what to expect next, since Junum has sent out disputes at two week intervals. I guess I will give it another "round" and see what happens.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Mary! I sure would call and voice your disappointment to Junum!

3. Saar

Saar Banned

These days, when both Equifax and Trans Union allow online disputes, it's indeed better to dispute by yourself. And if all we're left w/ is Experian, just pick up the phone and enter a phone dispute.

Before you do, re-read Lexington's web guide for credit disputing and make sure not to tell them anything unless it's vital for processing your dispute.

You'd be done in 30 minutes and no one will tell you they never received it..

Saar.

4. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I'm somewhat bolstered by the reports of others who have advised that Junum (however inexplicably) was able to remove items they could not. there are a few that I cant seem to budge.

I did send an e-mail when I first read the new site, and saw all the positives listed as negatives. I got no response to that, so I called and spoke to Sylvia and she told me not to worry, the positives would all come back. I also spoke to Karla, who didnt seem to know anything at all. In the interim I got a totally nasty e-mail response from "Marta" saying:

"I see by our log that you have spoken to numerous reps already on this matter. I assume you forgot all those conversations, so I will cut and paste that log for you here. Let me know if you can understand this." Marta.

Well, I about exploded when I saw that, partly from the attitute and partly from the fact that the log just noted that I spoke to them, and I was angry, but had no real resolution. As I said, I am giving them another round, and if my positives dont come back, I will be sending a letter to whomever runs Junum expressing my opinions on them and their reps.

5. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

In my opinion, I think it is better to write them through the mail. They want you to use their online forms because they can control the dispute process. Where as sending a letter with documentation to support your dispute if you have any, makes it a little more difficult for them.

From my experiences over the phone some representatives get attitudes and try to rush you off the phone and sometimes they don't even actually place the dispute. Plus you create a paper trail and I definitely don't like Equifax's online dispute because they try to control what you can dispute.

Online forms and the phone requests makes it to easy for them and the point is to make it harder and more bureaucratic.

IMHO

Cyprigirl:)

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

How did I miss this? You can dispute online with TU??