Junum comes through

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jimc001, Aug 7, 2001.

1. jimc001

jimc001 Active Member

Got my CR's back after first round of disputes, on my Experian it says "Currently, the *** account is not reporting on the credit file." Bingo. Sent in the documentation today for the second round of disputes with my new, good tradelines blacked out. Will keep everyone posted.

2. AJiLE

AJiLE Well-Known Member

I would keep a watch on that one honestly. I've not dealt much with Experian (being in the midwest, most everyone subscribes to TU here), but some stuff from my past life in CA made it on there. I disputed some back in 97/98/99, and found that 6-12 months after the dispute (the frequency that I checked that report) that the item, which was successfully disputed, was placed back on my report. Be VERY careful in that regard.

A. J.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is very weird. And it is not the typical way that EXperian acknowledges a dispute or deletion. They usually list the item and list result of investigation as 'deleted'.

I had a similiar problem once. Since Experian has many satelite offices, I found out the if one office deletes an item the others may NOT. I am fixing that matter now. I agree with the last poster....watch this one.

4. jimc001

jimc001 Active Member

I'm sorry, my bad, it was EquiFax.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That is a trip. Yes, equifax reports deletions that way. Good luck anyway.

6. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Congratulations on the Junum success. I also received a letter from Equifax:

"Currently, the *** account is not reporting on the credit file."

This left me confused, however, after going through Junum rep after rep, I found out that they had disputed the same accounts with all three credit reporting agencies on the round in question. The problem was, the account Equifax listed as not reporting actually NEVER was on the credit file.

This is one of the reasons I stopped my membership.

7. danrs

danrs Well-Known Member

Hal,

Same thing happened to me with Junum, but in my case they disputed a negative trade line which was on Equifax, and disputed it with Trans Union, which the trade line was never on!

How or why TU investigated a trade line which was not on the report in the first place is beyond me, but they did, and it showed up on my next report as "verified". Worse yet, though it was 6 1/2 years old and showing as such on Equifax, TU listed, and still lists it, with a Date of Last Activity of 4/2001. Now THAT sucks!

danrs

8. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

What I suspect Junum does, or was doing at the time, is to send out the same disputes to all three CRA's and doesn't really conduct a thorough review of the individual credit report.

I think this would account for having them dispute an account with one CRA that was not listed on that report but on another CRA report. I was afraid that I would end up having the CRA that did not previously list the item, list it in the future.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

That also happened to me. 2 collections that were on experian but never on tu were disputed with tu and ended up on tu. Thus, tu went from being my best to being my worst.