junum did it again

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Jul 24, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I cancelled Junum last week. They must have sent a dispute out to Equifax just prior to my cancelling. I ordered my Equifax report online today, and just now had a chance to go over it. They disputed my perfect car loan, and this is after telling me everything had been fixed.
    In fairness, the creditor had misreported my loan as 30 days late, but had corrected it after I spoke to them. I called Junum several weeks ago and told them what happened and told them to NOT dispute that. So they ignored my request and disputed anyway. I just wrote them a scathing email telling them that if this line gets deleted, they will be talking to my atty.
    My suggestion now is for anybody considering using Junum, DON"T!

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Gosh...sorry to hear about your troubles with Junum. Just curious....you mentioned speaking with your attorney. Can you actually do something legally if Junum screws up your car loan?

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Anybody can sue anybody for anything. Now, would I win against Junum, probably not. But I can have my atty send them a letter asking for damages based on them screwing my reports up more than they already were.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

the answer is NO MP$40. Everyone who joined Junum signed over their right to sue them if they damaged your credit worse than it already is....I guess we forget that.

Boy Am I Glad I cancelled in Nov. 2000.

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

I cancelled Junum yesterday and feel so in control now. Too bad it cost me money and more importantly a few of my positive tradlines were deleted.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I ASSUME you have old copies of credit reports...send it to the CRA'S and tell them "SOMETHING HAPPENED" to this account, and ask them to re-insert it.

Unless it is a closed account, it SHOULD re-insert itself if you use the account or make a payment.

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It hasn't been deleted........yet, but being a positive account, I'm sure they won't be able to verify it. Maybe I can call Equifax and tell them the creditor corrected the account on their own and therefore I don't need to dispute it.

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

There's always the "Oops...I sent the wrong letter to the wrong CRA" excuse. Someone here posted that idea before.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am sure you could just call equifax and ask them why THEY deleted a good tradeline of yours..... They may just put it back for you. You could say that YOU never challenged that entry and it wouldnt be a lie!

10. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I also cancelled Junum last week after they disputed two postive accounts. I emailed them and inquired why this occurred and also why the recent credit reports I had sent them were not showing online.

I recevied the reply, that yes, they had a system problem about 4 months ago that caused some positive accounts to be disputed, however, this was resolved and has not occurred since. They also indicated they were having problems entering the information from my tri-merged credit report on their system and apologized.

I found the reply amazingly stupid, since:
    #1 - The positive accounts deleted, were done so in June.

#2 - I have NEVER sent a trimerged credit report, in actuality, I send individual ones in separate envelopes with return receipts.

Even more troubling - I inquried about their practice of "remailing" disputes by mailing them to a client's local post office for postmarking - I was advised this has never occurred and all correspondence is mailed directly to the CRA from their office.

All I can say, is I'm glad I cancelled because either somebody at Junum is lying or totally ignorant of what they are actually doing.

11. bfllover

bfllover Well-Known Member

I will post what happens to me--I did send in trimerged report hawked on Junums site-just signed up several weeks ago.I wish I had whited out all positives and will if I stay with them in the future--but I did make a note on the reports, to please only dispute the derogatories---like this should even HAVE to be said!!The derogatories are separated on the reports from the positives,at least they were on my trimerged,so it will really be dumb if they even ventured into the positives.We will see!!