Junum-Disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by bohemian, Apr 3, 2001.

1. bohemian

bohemian Guest

I just got off line with the operator at Junum. I hear everyone talk about rounds 1,2, and 3. Does it do any good to continue to dispute items after the 3rd round? Does anyone go beyond that in their disputes? I want to buy a house in August, and want to do everything I can to get my score up, I think 3 rounds of disputes won't be good enough. Can anyone tell me their experiences?

2. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

My plan is to do 3 rounds with Junum and then take a break. I think by 3 rounds if they haven't gotten it off, well they did the best they could. Ill take 6 months off and have them try again if I feel like the expense or don't feel like doing it myself.

Misty

3. bohemian

bohemian Guest

I have 2 Visa cards, both almost maxed out, small credit lines so I can get those paid down. One Ford account, just had my first payment, so it will be awhile before that helps any. Tons and tons of inquries and lots of bankruptcy, chargeoff accounts.

4. bohemian

bohemian Guest

I am with Junum, they just started round 2 on two of the them, I still have one report to get. I had 7 deletions on the first round between the two reports. I am waiting on Equifax for the first round with them. I can't get my husband's score online right now, I hope his is a little btter, but I am sure it is worse, much worse.

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

My plan is to stay with Junum..period. I guess I'm just gonna stay proactive and figure every deletion is worth it! :) Just sharing.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ditto ~C~,
    I made a plan to pay for this and to see it through and that may take 6-12 months. I must say that if round three removals slowed to "0" and round four was "0" I would at least reconsider my goals.

...To me, even one deletion in a "round" is activity that I would say is worth $40 ($15+$15+$10 assuming a "round" is 60 days). Also I am in no REAL rush.

-Dave

7. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I am. I want to buy a house. I'm hoping after 3 rounds, I can go to a bank and apply for a mortgage. If all I need is a 600 to be approved, then I don't have that far to go. I know if I pay off my credit card, that should increase my score. But I would love for that darn judgement to disappear from my Equifax report. Then I know I'll be on MY way to homeownership!

I plan to stay with Junum at least for 6 months, depending on how many negs are left on my reports.