Junum disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, May 14, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I just got off the phone with a Junum customer service rep, and she instructed me to call Equifax to ask if they had received any disputes from me. This was in response to my question about Equifax not sending me any notification of receiving my disputes, and getting no updated report from them.

When I asked her to tell me what was disputed she said that she can not at this time but a new system is now implemented that will handle this for us (and her) online. For all disputes Junum has sent within the last couple weeks and all disputes from now on we will be able to tell exactly what items are in dispute online and better understand our specific cases with respect to Junum's process.

Anyway, I thought you would like to know this new system is in place for you Junum users for your next round of disputes. I imagine we will have better luck telling them what to dispute and what not dispute from now on as well.

-Dave

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Equifax dispute

What number did you call to check the status of your Equifax dispute? The damn number it gives you on their website will not connect you with the correct person. I filed a dispute through Junum on 4/3/01 and have not heard anything yet. Thanks.

3. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: Equifax dispute

Also, Equifax uses CSC in my area. I called CSC and no one ever answers. Figures.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Did not call Equifax yet, I will do that tomorrow AM since it is after 5:00PM EST.

When I do, I will call the number on the top of my report which says:

Please address all correspondence to:
    Equifax
    PO 740256
    Atlanta, GA 30374
    (800)576-0428
    M-F 9:00am-5:00pm in your time zone

Sorry if I am posting a number which everyone else has tried and had problems, I have not tried it yet. I will let you know tomorrow if I get through to anyone.

Hope that helps -Dave

5. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Where on the Junum website can you find what they have disputed? Everytime I go to that website, it does no good at all. I have NO IDEA where to look for anything that is supposed to be of help to me. The only that I can get to are the credit reports that I've sent to them. Any help would be much appreciated!

6. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Thanks Dave.

7. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I don't think that is an option yet. They are soon implementing a system that will let you see what is being disputed.

8. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Nave. That is interesting.

9. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I thought that was what I was saying, maybe I could have been a bit clearer.

Previous to 2 weeks ago you could not get the particular information about what exact disputes Junum sent out for you. You only get a view of your credit reports as you sent it to Junum

As of about 2 weeks ago, All your reports are coded differently to show you exactly what disputes Junum has sent out. You (and I) do not have that information available, as the past disputes were sent out by Junum prior to this "update".

I can not verify this is the case since I have not sent in my updated reports for the next round yet...I am overnighting my reports to Junum tomorrow however, and I will let you all know how this system works or if it actually exists later this week.

-Dave