Junum drags their feet?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Eboni, Feb 27, 2001.

1. Eboni

Eboni Guest

I believe Junum is dragging their feet on purpose.

I sent my Credit reports to Junum in Early Nov. The CRA's did not receive dispute letters until January. I just started getting letters from the CRA's that they had received the disputes in the past 2-3 weeks and to hear from them in 30 days. Junum told me late Nov or early Dec that they had sent the disputes then.

50 days mailing time to the CRA's?

Sounds fishy

Anyone else have an experience like this?

I joined with them in Oct. It took them almost 4 weeks to get me my packet. I had all my credit reports by the time they sent the packet.

2. DAW

DAW Guest

They have had my reports for four to six weeks. Haven't heard a thing. I'm going to email them again tomorrow.

3. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I reviewed their website, I continue to be confused as to why anyone would use a service such as this. Everything they do, you can do on your own for the cost of postage. At the very least, doing it on your own, you have control of the situation.

I realize most of us lead busy lives, but repairing damaged credit is a time consuming process. The fee the charge of $8.00 (I believe) per correction is excessive. A letter can be typed and sent certified mail for much less.

I suppose to each his own. Personally, I would never use one of these services.

4. Eboni

Eboni Guest

Hal,

My company bills me out to clients as a consultant at $150 an hour. I don't make that much, but I valus my free time at about $75 an hour. It's worth $75 for me to sit on the couch and watch TV or read a book.

I pay for a cleaning servicefor my home, even though I can clean myself.
    I pay someone to change my oil in my car, even though I know how to do it.
    I pay someone to wash and style my hair, even though I can do both.

The point is my free time is valuable. I am more than happy to pay for a service that allows me to spend more time with my family.

As for letters and stamps. I haven't bought a stamp in 1 year since I started online bill pay. Printing a letter, putting it in an evelope, putting a stamp on it, mailing it. Too much work for me. I have bettet things to do. I can study for a Computer Certification in that time and increase my salary by 10K after passing one test. My time is too valuable.

I have the greatest respect for those who can dispute and wrangle with these people on their own time, but it's not me.

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Eboni,

I can respect that. I realize the value of an individuals time. Personally, I would spend a little time giving them feedback as to this delay.

I would keep in mind the timeline in which you joined. CRA's and most businesses related to credit have an increase in overall business and a decrease in available personell from Nov to Jan due to the holidays.

I have had great success disputing items when I mailed them just after Thanksgiving and the CRA was unable to verify within the required 30 day period. As my disputes are sent certified mail/return receipt I had proof of delivery.

How does Junum send these disputes? Does anyone know if it is regular mail? If so it is likely the dispute was received far earlier than the CRA "noted" its receipt.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Of course they are gonna drag their feet and make you pay the monthly fee. Didn't you see that coming?? It's free cash!!

What a racket those guys have!!

7. Cricket

Cricket Active Member

I just joined junum last month. They sent out disputes the day after they recieved my CRs. That is what their web account status information says. I have not received results from the disputes yet. Have you logged in at their website to check the status of your account?
    cricket

8. Eboni

Eboni Guest

When I sent my CRA's in about 3 days later they said they sent the disputes. The reality was very different.