Junum/Equifax update

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, May 11, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I got my equifax report today for round 1. Junum told me at the beginning that they dispute the most damaging items first. So, what do they dispute, 5, 5-6 year old collections. Not the charge offs from 2-3 years ago, or the repo from 5 years ago. They got 1 deleted, 3 remain and 1 that they disputed had just fallen off on its own. They are screwing up big time. I think I'm going to make some phone calls to Lexington and Jack Schrold (spelling?) on Monday.

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I don't think that there is any logic to how they choose what to dispute. This last round (2nd) they only disputed 4 of the 9 accounts, and three of the accounts were disputed the first round and verified. So this means they disputed three of the accounts twice before even disputing some of the other accounts even once. DUH. You would be better off marking the ones you want disputed or write a letter.
    They also use the "not mine" dispute all the time or most of the time. The CRAs will get wise to this fast. I am very happy with the 13 deletions that I have had so far, but I think Junum's usefulness is near the end.