Junum Folks - What's the deal?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just checked out Junum's new web site and logged into my account.

What's this all about:

4/23/01 TransUnion Dispute Sent
    4/23/01 Equifax Dispute Sent
    4/23/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/9/01 TransUnion Dispute Sent
    4/9/01 Equifax Dispute Sent
    4/9/01 Experian Dispute Sent
    4/6/01 Credit report from Trans Union received.
    4/6/01 Credit report from Experian received.
    4/6/01 Credit report from Equifax received.

Anyone care to comment on this?

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Re: Junum Folks - What's the d

It's called the activity log, same as old site.

MikeB

3. Cadillac408

Re: Junum Folks - What's the d

Good observation Mike....

I'm talking about the dates! This proves that Junum is lying about when they really send out disputes!

Come on.....disputes sent on 4/9 and then on 4/23???? Oh what.....so they are sending out multiple diputes on a single round now????? Or did they REALLY send the disputes out on 4/23???? If so, that sucks.....they got my reports 4/6 and it took them until 4/23 to send out disputes? And then they faked me out by claiming that they sent on 4/9! This is called time wasted!

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I just checked

my account and it contains errors. Different errors on the activity log than yours but gross errors. Also, the summary log has a separate error. The errors do not look conspiratorial on my account.

It's just an opinion but I think Junum does not have all the bugs worked out on their new website. At least the billing log is correct.

On another matter, how did you make out with the CRA this week. I think it was TU? you were having trouble with.

5. Cadillac408

Jim

I called TU and got everything straightened out! :-D

My whole concern is this:

They just recently put up the new web site....on the old one it said that disputes were sent out on 4/9. I have called the CRAs and as of 4/20 they didn't receive any disputes! Now on 4/23 Junum claims to have sent disputes. Why lie about 4/9 then? Why not just be honest and say that you received them and that's it instead of claiming to send out on 4/9. If they were smart, they shouldn't of put the 4/23 date on there and just left 4/9. Then the blame would of been on the CRAs not them.

We've been having this discussion on this issue for a while now, huh Jim?

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Jim

Each of us has to go on our intuition here. I am nearly finished using Junum because my couple of remaining items on each CRA report are Bk related and I just don't feel that continuing to send more dispute letters is going to do anything except make my disputes look frivolous. Therefore, I plan to end my membership very soon. I have never regreted joining Junum. But then, you already know that.

My activity log is missing a lot of the data that used to be there. The errors are "so gross" that my intuition tells me that the data transfer did not go well during the upgrade to the new website.

I neither like nor trust the CRA's. I don't contact them directly because I think the reps are trained to distort information and ferret out consumers using credit restoration firms. Put another way, if I contacted the CRA's to ask about my disputes, I would expect them to lie to me and ask me provocative questions as to whether I am using an attorney etc.

I am glad that you got your TU issue(s) straightened out.