Junum has overbilled me.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 3, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

On my last transaction with Junum the transaction failed. I noticed this when I pulled up my transactions with Junum at their website. So I called them to see what happened. I called for about a week and left messages. It took them a week to call me back and the rep told me that the transaction failed because my address was different than the credit card. I told them that I moved and that was the problem. The rep from junum updated my file and said he would put the transaction through.

Well tonight I see a $15.00 charge attached to the $21.95 monthly fee. That's a $36.95 charge. To make matters worse I personally updated my new address 1 week before I moved at the junum website.

I also haven't received any updated or corrected credit reports back following Junums disputes which went out on 9/12/00. Transunion nor Equifax sent me any confirmations that they had received my disputes. That junum rep told me to just wait. Maybe about 45 days. Also, the rep at Junum did not tell me anything about a service charge being assessed to my account. I am pissed.

I hired junum because I was tired of doing my own disputing. Well you know what I am tired of Junum. I know I said to be patient and all that yada yada, but boy I am not feeling what they did at all. First thing Monday I am going to get this straight. I hired Junum before I got Citi or Chase. I am seriously rethinking investing 21.95/mo into this type of customer service.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I would be pretty darn pissed myself. I know it is time consuming and a pain in the butt, but you are very knowledgable and you have gotten things removed on your own, I'm sure you can do it again. Junum used to sound good and get praises, now i am not so sure?

3. Kristi

Kristi Guest

Roni,
    I'd ask for the refund of the service fee based on the fact that you gave a change of address one week prior. Also, as you know, we push self help or experts based on preference. From my readings of your posts, you seem knowledgeable enough to do this yourself especially considering you have tackled the biggest of big,student loans.

I am all for using someone but only when it warrants it. I think you have plenty of consumer ed to complete the task yourself.

I really believe the law firm and junum are great for those that have no idea how the system works or have no time. You do have the time and knowledge.

Any thoughts on this?
    Kristi

roni wrote:
    -------------------------------
    On my last transaction with Junum the transaction failed. I noticed this when I pulled up my transactions with Junum at their website. So I called them to see what happened. I called for about a week and left messages. It took them a week to call me back and the rep told me that the transaction failed because my address was different than the credit card. I told them that I moved and that was the problem. The rep from junum updated my file and said he would put the transaction through.

Well tonight I see a $15.00 charge attached to the $21.95 monthly fee. That's a $36.95 charge. To make matters worse I personally updated my new address 1 week before I moved at the junum website.

I also haven't received any updated or corrected credit reports back following Junums disputes which went out on 9/12/00. Transunion nor Equifax sent me any confirmations that they had received my disputes. That junum rep told me to just wait. Maybe about 45 days. Also, the rep at Jun....

4. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

Customer Service with no person to talk to except voice mail? A week to respond! What a mix-up up on phone too, like address. Rethinking sounds like a good idea.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I will call customer service. However I dont have the time to keep calling them from work as I did 2 weeks ago. Plus, I told the rep that I moved. He took my new address. However, that did not keep him from assessing the charge.

At your suggestion, I may remove my name from Junums list of customers. However, disputing information was not what attracted me to Junum. There was an information packed that described the services that Junum could offer me-Like credit profile maintenance, gold cards, assess to car loans, refinancing and mortgages with easy application processes.

My hope is that junum will live up to those claims. I still have not made up my mind yet. But, this little "cross country immidation" is not impressing me one bit. I may sound a little bitter because think about it. This is bs. The company i hire to help my credit, assesses a bogus charge.

Krist, how long before you can see my credit scores?

Kristi wrote:
    Roni,
    I'd ask for the refund of the service fee based on the fact that you gave a change of address one week prior. Also, as you know, we push self help or experts based on preference. From my readings of your posts, you seem knowledgeable enough to do this yourself especially considering you have tackled the biggest of big,student loans.

I am all for using someone but only when it warrants it. I think you have plenty of consumer ed to complete the task yourself.

I really believe the law firm and junum are great for those that have no idea how the system works or have no time. You do have the time and knowledge.

Any thoughts on this?
    Kristi

roni wrote:
    On my last transaction with Junum the transaction failed. I noticed this when I pulled up my transactions with Junum at their website. So I called them to see what happened. I called for about a week and left messages. It took them a week to call me back and the rep told me that the tra....

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Kristi

I agree with you, Roni knows her stuff she should be fine going on her own. I have not gotten a reply yet to the incredible draft letter you supplied to me, but I will post as soon as I hear. I am wondering since it is taking some time, does that indicate they'll deal, I was thinking if they wouldn't I would have heard by now. Your thoughts, experience??

P.S. Thanks again

7. Kristi

Kristi Guest

RE: Hey Kristi

Mom,
    I think it is too soon. Normally we see replies within 30 days. It really just depends but just keep your certified receipt and be sure to read http://www.carreonandassociates.com/4settle.htm because each state has a different accord & satisfaction rule and you may be able to use the offer successfully even without a reply by your states position on the Accord & Satisfaction rule.
    Kristi

Momof3 wrote:
    I agree with you, Roni knows her stuff she should be fine going on her own. I have not gotten a reply yet to the incredible draft letter you supplied to me, but I will post as soon as I hear. I am wondering since it is taking some time, does that indicate they'll deal, I was thinking if they wouldn't I would have heard by now. Your thoughts, experience??

P.S. Thanks again

8. Steve S.

Steve S. Guest

RE: Junums bookkeeping is scre

Customer service has been a problem. I was finally able to talk to a live rep today. She was very helpful, but admitted that they are about two weeks behind in answering their mail. My own reports that were mailed on the 19th have still not been input into their system.

As far as billing goes, they really need to get their system fixed. Ove the past six months, I have had to contact them three different times to use my P.O. box as my confirmation billing address and not my home address. I have all credit card bills sent to my P.O. box because I pick up everything on the way to the office.

Anyway, what has happened is that they changed my address in their systems to my P.O. box which is now showing up on one of my reports as my main address. ARRRGH! I explained all this in detail, because I always want my reports to go to my home address and my credit cards to go to my P.O. box. Now I have extra addresses I have to get off of my reports.

I have very little patience left. Junum needs to get the bugs worked out quickly or I am heading elsewhere. Come on Jumum, don't turn into Lexington!

Steve S.

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Junums bookkeeping is scre

Thanks for your input Steve. I think I know what I should do. That $21.95 could go towards my monthly pedicures. LOL. No seriously, I now know what I need to do. Thanks again. for this post and the one above.

roni,

Steve S. wrote:
    Customer service has been a problem. I was finally able to talk to a live rep today. She was very helpful, but admitted that they are about two weeks behind in answering their mail. My own reports that were mailed on the 19th have still not been input into their system.

As far as billing goes, they really need to get their system fixed. Ove the past six months, I have had to contact them three different times to use my P.O. box as my confirmation billing address and not my home address. I have all credit card bills sent to my P.O. box because I pick up everything on the way to the office.

Anyway, what has happened is that they changed my address in their systems to my P.O. box which is now showing up on one of my reports as my main address. ARRRGH! I explained all this in detail, because I always want my reports to go to my home address and my credit cards to go to my P.O. box. Now I have extra addresses I have to get off of my reports.

I have very little patience left. Junum ....