Junum is in the L.A. Times tod

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Junum is mentioned twice in an article about consumer debt. here is a quote:

"Junum buys bad loans from banks and other lenders and works with borrowers to restart paying on their defaulted loans at low monthly payments. in addition to receiving loan payments, Junum charges a monthly fee, ranging from $9.95 to $35.95. Junum works with credit bureaus to clear the credit blemishes of it's customers due to defaults and delinquencies."

I don't make a habit of bothering Junum by telephone, but I am curious as to what clients get for these prices. So I may call them tomorrow. If anyone else reaches them first, post what you find out on the board. I pay $21.95 per month.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: so..

Since junum has your credit record, they could offer to buy out your charge offs and collections and make you pay them?

huh?

hmm

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

A telephone call to Junum

is required to answer your question. If you are a Junum client like me you know that "credit restoration" is only a part of their business. The article actually raised a number of questions in my mind but I plan to ask Junum directly for the answers.

4. Kristi

Kristi Guest

The two are not related.

Jim,
    I can save you the trouble of calling :).
    junum.com is not the same as junum Debt Exchange. junum.com is strictly for what you guys are using it for- credit rehabilitation and financial services. The ad on Reuters and LA Times is refering to the DE program wherein junum purchased the debt portfolio so that the consumers could payoff old negative debt through junum where they control the rating and the amount! It's like a white knight approach. Rather then leaving the debt in the hands of agency after agency, junum is going to offer those people credit rehabilitation plus a way to reduce and payoff the debt that is hounding them. The kicker of this? junum will totally be able to control how the debt is reported.(ie, improving the consumers credit)

It has nothing to do w/your junum. Matter of fact anyone who belongs to junum.com, will never be a part of DE. They are seperate.

Hope this helps! Let me know whenever you have questions. I can find out for you.
    Take Care
    K

Jim wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Junum is mentioned twice in an article about consumer debt. here is a quote:

"Junum buys bad loans from banks and other lenders and works with borrowers to restart paying on their defaulted loans at low monthly payments. in addition to receiving loan payments, Junum charges a monthly fee, ranging from $9.95 to $35.95. Junum works with credit bureaus to clear the credit blemishes of it's customers due to defaults and delinquencies."

I don't make a habit of bothering Junum by telephone, but I am curious as to what clients get for these prices. So I may call them tomorrow. If anyone else reaches them first, post what you find out on the board. I pay $21.95 per month.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks Kristi and Jim

Hey Jim,
    Dont get too worked up over this. Just remember what you want out of JUNUM.com. You want them to do your paperwork. That is what you are paying for. All their other associations is really not your concern.

roni

6. Angela

Angela Guest

Thanks Jim. Please post when y

I noticed that Shantel is mentioning about a "free month" at Junum and new pricing at $15.95 a month. I want to know what is happening as I am a Junum client. your input is really appreciated.