Junum + my disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hal, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Just fishing for opinions. I joined Junum and they are working on my credit file. Does anyone think it is a bad idea to also generate validation letters to the collection agencies on my report, since this won't be sent to the CRA's.

My situation in brief. While separated and on one coast, my now ex was using my information to get credit cards which she never paid. I am trying to get rid of these entries.

Any feedback appreciated.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

I can only tell you what I do..if I get a NEW collection agency letter with the usual 30 day dispute thing, I dispute. I don't validate or dispute in any other way and I let Junum do their thing.

I have this one ongoing issue with the collection agency and attorney general that was started before I joined Junum that I'm still messing with.

That's it!

:0 Not saying I'm doing it the right way..just sharing what I am doing.

Good luck

3. Christi

Christi Well-Known Member

~C~

I have a question about this. When I called, Junum told me they only deal with CRA's. I explained that I was disputing and trying to validate with collection agencies. They said we only deal with cra's and you should continue those efforts on your own with collection agencies. Is this true? If so I really don't need them, because my bad stuff is collection agencies only.

Christi

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: ~C~

They are dealing with the credit reports...however, they are getting collection agency stuff removed on the CR's...

does that make sense? The idea is that if they can get if off the CR, why deal with the CA at all?

At least, that's my opinon.

5. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I suppose my thought is to the future, and the slimy tactics these agencies take. If I can get proof I requested validation and they don't respond, I can sue without appearing "frivoulous". I am also concerned with them re-entering information on my report that Junum may get removed.

6. MistyEyed

MistyEyed Well-Known Member

I asked Junum about this as I had a collection agency start an account on my in january from an old bellsouth bill from over 3 years ago. Junum basically said go ahead and dispute it with the agency, that will get me off the hook with the collection agency and they will take care of the entry on the report. I decided to make things easier on myself, any time a collection agency contacts me, it is now my normal practice to send the letter back along with a nice little do not ever contact me again message and I go straight to the original creditor and pay.

I had some time of abou a year where I moved around alot because of my job so I was very difficult to find. So bills got passed over or lost in the mail, etc. So while I dont mind paying them, I refuse to deal with a collection agency.

7. keltex

keltex Guest

MistyEyed

If you don't mind me asking, how did you negotiate settlement with the original creditor? Did you pay the full amount? Did they remove the entry from your reports-if so, did they agree to do this up front or did you just re-dispute later and not get verified? Also, did any of the original creditors refuse to deal with you and try to send you back to the Collection agency? Thanks-I am having trouble with two particular pesky collections-one for 77$ from a hospital and another for 134 (40$ added somewhere along the line from the original 97)from a long distance company- small amounts that I am willing to pay, but only if removed completely.

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Re: MistyEyed

Keltex..great questions..

MistyEyed..I hope you'll share with us the results..very interested!