Junum Postmarks???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Hope, Jun 10, 2001.

1. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Forgive me if everyone has already figured this out, but when I receive my letter from TU yesterday saying they'd gotten my dispute on May 30, I thought "wait a munite...Junum told me they sent that out on May 21...why the lag time???"

But now it occurs to me that Junum (and other repair entities?) most likely deliver the disputes to a "drop station" in or near my zip code so that they dispute appears to come from me.

That would explain the 9 day lag time and make perfect sense so as not to tip off the CRAs.

Did I get that right or am I missing something?

Hope

2. 4kristi

4kristi Active Member

I believe your exactly right! All Repair firms try to utilize the postmaster drop off's near the clients home.

3. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Don't have to assume it's true. My wife got back her "disputes" from the local post office.

What Junum does is send the disputes to our local Post Master, who in turns sends it right to the CRAs.

In this case Junumn did not put any postage so the disputes were returned to sender. (Our home address)

I re-addessed the envelopes and mailed them on. This whole mess set us back about two weeks.

Best regards,
    Sam

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Okay. But now I'm curious. Does Junum just a big envelope with my dispute letters in it to my local post office with a note saying "mail the contents please"??

Do P.O.s routinely do this? Doesn't the postmaster get suspicous???

Inquiring minds want to know!

Hope

5. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Both of my wife's dispute was put into a large envelope and addressed to our main post office with our return address.

There were no instructions for the post master to do anything. I assume the post office opens the larger envelope and mail the the disputes to the CRAs with our local post mark.

I don't know what the post office thinks about this but this may explain why some disputes never make it to the CRAs.

Btw, Junum just had TU deletd our home mortgage and Providian tradelines. Both are rock solid positive tradelines for my wife's CR. Wrote well hell of a nasty letter to Junum.

Best regards,
    Sam

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

Dang Sam!!!

I know you must be pissed! The mortgage alone accounts for a big junk of your credit score.

I read here somewhere however, that as soon as the next payments are made, those entries will be reinserted on your CR with full history.

I'm rooting for ya guy!

Hope

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE-MAILING IS NOT ILLEGAL...

IF IT WAS LOVELAND COLORADO WOULD HAVE BEEN PUT OUT OF BUSINESS YEARS AGO ON THEIR RE-MAILING PROGRAM FOR VALENTINES DAY!!!

8. Saar

Saar Banned

TU is notorious for doing that. If you dispute something in an entry and they can't verify it, they remove the WHOLE entry. They also make it a "hard delete", so any future re-insertion attempt by the creditor is rejected.

The only way to handle this is to call TU, ask to speak w/ a Senior Associate and demand that they re-add the entry. They have a record of recently removed items, and can re-add them to your report. That's the way it was in my case.

They CAN do this, so don't give up until they do.

Saar

9. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice guys! Going to wait and see what happens.

Best regards,
    Sam