Junum question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, May 6, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I have just recently started to understand the importance of credit...Just graduated from college..During that time I had a Hechts account with a $800 limit charged off and a Sears account with a$1800 limit charged off..Balance remaining on Hecths now $400 and Sears is $1400....Just finished paying off for my vehicle in Feb..Just last month I recieved a offer from Providian for a Visa Gold with a credit limit of $300....Just last week though I was turned down by Capitol One and Aspire Visa....I keep seeing references to Junum so I checked it out last night and noticed that they also have a Guaranteed secure card...Should I apply for that card due to the fact that it is probably the only other card at this moment that I would get approved..But the question is does anyone out there have the secured card from Junum ??...And what are the chances of getting approved with cross country ??..And if I pay off Hechts and Sears what are the chances of them reopening the accounts ?? Has anyone ever had a retail credit card charged off and then reopened after the balance has been paid ??
    Just trying desperately to start my credit life over again......

2. bbauer

bbauer Banned

The appropriate answer here is to stop applying for any new credit at all for a while and spend your time getting rid of the negatives you currently have. Get rid of even one, and you will most likely be able to get the CapOne card at least. I would take advantage of the Providian offer and never spend more than you can pay off in full at the end of the month or whenever the due date for the card is.

Getting rid of the adverse while building new credit is the only way to go

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Do NOT apply for a Cross Country account. Do a search here for Cross Country and you will see the numerous reasons why you should NOT apply. I don't have the Junum card, but it is through Sterling Bank. They usually give 120% of your deposit as a credit line. You might also try FCNB http://www.fcnb.com From what I have read here, they give 100 -150-200 & 300% percent of your deposit as a credit line. Have you applied for the Providian offer? I don't think you have any thing to lose by going for it. Lastly, I don't know if the retail cards will reopen your accounts or not, but you should call them (if you intend to continue paying) to make sure they will remove the charge offs from your credit reports when they are paid in full.

4. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info..
    I have actually had the providian account for 3 weeks now..I see after reading a few more postings that Cross Country does not seem to be high on anyones list....Thanks again for the replies..