Junum ? re previous disputes

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marypc, May 1, 2001.

1. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

I have done a search on Junum and I dont see this specifically addressed anywhere:

I joined Junum last week, and sent my reports in today. I have been disputing for a while now on my own, and have had some success. THere are about 6 bad items left on Experian, and I am wondering if Junum will have any success there given the fact that 4 of them were disputed by me and verified about a year ago. Does Experian still count that, or do they just refuse to reinvestigate on items they have recently verified?

Also, has anyone here had a paid tax lien removed by Junum? I disputed on Equifax, and it was verified. I left it alone on TU and Experian because I read here that it is pretty easy to verify them. I'm just wondering if I should hold out any hope there.

Thanks!

2. MikeB

MikeB Banned

On my current round 2 with Junum, Experian sent me a letter stating that they will not reinvestigate any disputes.

3. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

MikeB, thanks for responding. I was hoping there was a time restriction on it, so that maybe once a year or so had gone by, they have to reinvestigate. It seems so unfair, I mean, they make mistakes, what if they didnt do it right the first time? I know, I am asking for the moon here :)

I wonder if they will reinvestigate if Junum disputes for a different reason? If not, then I may have gone to Junum too late, they wont be able to do much for me on Experian :( Which is, of course, my worst report...

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I called to dispute 1 bad item out of the 7 that were on my report, over the phone, with EX in Sept. I said the wrong thing. I was outsmarted by the EX rep. The item was VERIFIED because of my blunder. This was the only disputing I did on my own.

Round 1 via Junum. - 3 negatives dropped off the report.

Round 2 via Junum. - 1 negative dropped off the report.

Round 3 via Junum. - ????

Junum did a good job but I can only carry this so far.

Good luck

5. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Mary,
    Like you, I had been disputing items on my own. I can tell you that everything Junum disputed the first time was investigated/reinvestigated. I can also tell you that errors I couldn't get corrected were corrected. My problem came about when my ex' new wife found it "convenient" to use my SS#. Lovely.

Anyway, there was no problem. Now I'm in my 2nd round and only 1 item was refused investigation because of "already verified." So, basically, I've had little issues with it.

I personally think your investigation/reinvestigation decisions lie completely on the mood of the person who gets it that day at the CRA's.

Best of luck to you....Junum has been wonderful for me!

6. hurricane5

hurricane5 Well-Known Member

NanaC,
    Rub some of that luck on me please :) I'm waiting for Round 1 from Junum to come back....

Hey quick question, does anyone know how Junum decides what to dispute? The Junum rep told me that they only dispute 8 things at a time, but never got a chance to ask how they decide...

Hurricane

7. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hurricane:
    I was told it was the most damaging items are worked on first!

:::::::::::::::::sending luck your way::::::::::::::::

I'm sure you'll be pleased!

8. hurricane5

Thanks, my situation is a little different than most (from what I can tell) in that I have actually paid everything off (couple of judgements, collections,etc)...nothing in the last two plus years, but there are a lot of inaccuracies (that I hope they can get off) but I'm not too keen on getting much deleted..oh well, luckily I'm in a position that I can pay cash for most things I need, however, I need/want to buy 2 new cars this year and don't want to be taken to the cleaners by some second chance credit scam...Worst case, I can wait till Nov., get my big bonus and pay cash for at least one car (not my first choice for the money though!)...

This board will be the first to know what happens!!

Hurricane

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hey, Hurricane!

I had a somewhat similar situation in that what I personally had I had paid off and was older, as well...the stuff that belonged to my ex troll's, er, husband's wife was outstanding.

I've had luck with both types of items...LOTS of luck..so you might be very pleasantly surprised.

At one point, one CRA actually had 2 files on me..really nice.

When are you expecting results..I'm excited about seeing what happens for you now! :)

10. hurricane5

Nana,
    Thanks for the kind words...there are a lot of nice folks on this board, but the first time I posted, I started a flame war that is still smoldering!!!

Anyway, Junum *said* they send out disputes on 4/25..so I would expect to hear something around 5/25 (which is right after the wife and I get back from our week long all inclusve trip to Jamaica for our 5 year anniversary -- felt good to write a $4000+ check and not worry about being broke -- cash is a wonderful thing :)

BTW, I've added Junum to my "pray for" list at bedtime :)

Hurricane

11. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Hurricane:

Ok...first disputes...expect 60 days...(worth the wait, thought)..

I think the reason is that whatever Junum does to dispute..it gets them "really" verifying instead of pretending and it takes real time..I don't know..just a guess..

anyway....just to let you know!

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

ok..thought=though..LOL

and...I guess I missed the flame war.....hmmmm....

oh, well, that's definitely ok with me! (missing the war, that is)