Junum really screwed up this time

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by LKH, Jun 27, 2001.

1. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I got my updated TU report today, and guess what? I got 4 deletions. 3 perfect credit card accounts and 1 perfect student loan account. When they updated their website, they were listing positive accounts as negative. I called immediately and told them. I was assured this was taken care of. 4 PERFECT ACCOUNTS GONE! I called Junum today and told them. The manager of the dispute section says they will send a letter to TU telling them they weren't disputing the accounts themselves, but the accuracy. I don't think that will do any good. They also said they will give me a free month. To anyone using Junum, I suggest when you send in your reports, that you highlight what you want disputed and send a letter with it. I think when my free month is up I am either going completely with Lexington or I will do it myself.

2. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

That's what I just did. I wrote notes on each report and enclosed a letter explaining where they screwed up, what deletions they had better NOT bill me for and telling them that there were notes on each report about which items to dispute and what to leave alone. This better be enough or they will lose my business too.

3. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Re: Junum really screwed up this ti

Didn't they promise NanaC that they weren't going to do this anymore??

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I think they did "promise" that it wouldn't happen again. What a joke. By the way, they did also tell me they wouldn't charge me for the deletions. Are they for real?

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

LKH,

I really feel bad for you on this. That is just incredible.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Wow.....this is totally bunk!

And FYI....same thing happened to me. Remember how I thought that Junum lied about sending out disputes? Well they actually did but I don't know where the delay was (either the mail or TU) but I got back 2 TU reports like almost 2 months after I canceled. Most items were verified but one was deleted. That one was my OUTSTANDING Macy's account that has been open since 93! I was hot but oh well....I figure Macy's will report again so no big deal I guess. But still....

Don't get me wrong...I'm still thankful for what Junum did for me. I'm not quite sure I would sign up with them again. I think from here on out I'll be doing my own disputes.

7. jzilla

jzilla Well-Known Member

MP$40-
    watch that with TU. I remember a post about TU doing a hard delete and getting it back on may be rather difficult. I can't remember who posted about that.

8. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I have posted regarding TU's policy of hard deleting an entire acct and all past history if the item disputed does not get verified by the original lender within the 30 day window.
    It tends to be overkill and on the outside seems meant to punish someone for disputing with them.

http://consumers.creditnet.com/straighttalk/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10494&pgnum=

I disputed a Citibank credit limit as incorrectly listed at $7800 when it should have been $9000 with TU.
    IN 30 days the entire acct was deleted because no info was received back to TU.That was 3 months ago and it still hasn't reappeared.So,2 years of perfect history and credit on that cc disappeared, even though the acct is still open.For me it doesn't matter as I have older accts and no lates or overs on any report.
    If I wanted the acct to report to TU, I would call Citibank and ask them to issue me a new card and a new card number, keeping the original open date and history.Its the card number that is blocked, not the credit card issuer so it would re-appear, just with a new number.
    VJ

9. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Actually, I think TU has the right idea re doing this. It protects them from lawsuits since often an item will be deleted per the creditor only to be re-reported by the creditor's tape/computer. I think Equifax and Experian could learn from this pratice.

After all, with Denise Richardson, I think this was a big part of the problem. Fleet would authorize a deletion, only to reinsert the entry via tape the next month. Whether TU was at fault or not - TU still got sued for believing a tape over letters from the creditor.

10. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

So, if you want to hide a line of credit, dispute something about it??? sounds good to me. Too many cards. :D

breeze